Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Translation needed    

Translation needed

Hijab
Brazil

Translation needed

Hi dear teachers,

Please, Could you help me translate this sentence into Portuguese: `An ethnically diverse, faith-based world brotherhood whose Prophet spoke against racism more than 1400 years ago.`

Thanks a lot
Leila

16 Feb 2010      

a isabel
Portugal

I am a Portuguese native speaker, but do not teach Portuguese. Below please find how I would translate:

Uma irmandade mundial etnicamente diversa, baseada na f�, cujo profeta falou contra o racismo h� mais de 1400 anos.

Let �s see what other people say
Enjoy your  Carnival!

16 Feb 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

Although I �m not that good at translations word by word, since I don �t use them to teach English or Spanish, and usually don �t join threads about translation, I tend to agree with yours. It sounds perfectly acceptable to me.

Have a nice day.

16 Feb 2010     

Hijab
Brazil

Hi dear teachers,

Thank you Isabel for translating that sentence and Zailda for your comments. BTW would you like to do some voluntary proofreading???Smile

Thanks

Leila

16 Feb 2010