Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Mar īs Account    

Mar īs Account

victor
Spain

Please, both of you, don īt start again...

16 Feb 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

People, pls, let īs just do what we do best here and what we all joined to do here - let īs work, create, help each other, learn from each other and give the respect we want to receive. Isnīt that why we are here??? I for one am going to go on doing that. As Thumper īs mom says in Bambi - if you have nothing nice to say, don īt say it. We have so much good to offer each other - let īs keep that up!

16 Feb 2010     

mimau
France

"Management is nothing more than motivating other people"
That īs for sure!!! Don īt pay attention !
Sylvie

16 Feb 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Victor

Thank you
 you didn īt let us down, as I have already said, it wasn īt your mistake.

Thanks for everything, īm happy īcause we have been able to discuss and fight here for what each one of us thought was important, though it has been very painful.
Hope now it is over, for me the previous decision had also put an end to the question.

Love to all the wonderful members here, each one of us is different , but hope we can go on having " many, many arguments, it means we are all alive . "Thumbs Up  Hug  Heart
HugHugs
linda

16 Feb 2010     

Joeyb1
South Africa

Dear Victor

I have always respected you as the owner of this incredible website maybe now even more because you are trying to take the blame for something you were not guilty of. I believe that you acted in that manner because you wanted to give Mar the benefit of the doubt.  I respect you for admitting on the forum that 3 more wss were copied and that the account had to be cancelled. 

We are all human.  We all make mistakes, in one way or the other.  Our mistakes or weaknesses might just not "visible" here on ESL printables.  I am sure this whole incident will keep us all on our toes to make 100% sure that our contributions are indeed OURS. 

I trust we can put all this behind us and all continue building on a site like no other.

Regards,
Joey

16 Feb 2010     

eng789
Israel

Dear Victor,
You are the glue that holds this site together.  You are honest, caring, patient and open-minded.
Like every (big)  family, we need to learn to live together and respect eachother. 
I hope we can make your proud.
Thanks for always being there.

Clap You are the best.

Barbara

16 Feb 2010     

Stepha
Portugal

Dear Victor: being in charge is always a burden, no matter how much you love what you do...

No one can actually believe that you know the origin of every single piece of work uploaded by every single user!

You trust us to do the best we can and we owe you a great deal for creating this wonderful site and giving your best in trying to keep everything in order. No matter what actually happened I just wanted to congratulate you, once more. In my humble opinion you are doing great job.Thumbs Up Everyone is entitled to have an opinion but no one has the right to pass judgements because nobody is actually in your shoes! Forgive and forget... everyone makes mistakes. 

I hope Mar has a chance to redeem herself too!

Love to all at ESLprintables

Stepha

16 Feb 2010     

Samantha.esl
Italy

I wanted to know if the new system 3 strikes and you are out! is convinient. I didn īt wish Mar īs account to be cancelled although I didn īt like the fact that she had so many copied worksheets and called people jealous for reporting...
I īm sad the previous discussion has turned into a place where MANY have taken the opportunity to give vent to their anger and dislike of other members.. which deviated the purpose of the discussion. The point is: 3 strikes and you are out! Is it a good thing? I personally think it īs not..

That īs all!
sorry Victor!

16 Feb 2010     

stexstme
France

Hi Sam!
I think the system is fine - when people behave just as human beings should ...Admitting mistakes, just like Victor has just done... Difficult for some, easier for others... Well, I like human mistakes.!Big smile
Take care
Sylvie

16 Feb 2010     

victor
Spain

No, I īm afraid it is not a good system if it is done automatically, like it is now.

Imagine a user who uploads three worksheets which are full copied, and other one who uploads three worksheets which just include one copied exercise, and lots of personal work.

I think that the second user should get a warning, but not be banned from the website.

There is also another problem. When the three worksheets are reported the same day, there is no previous warning for the user. He/she just comes back the following day and finds that he/she can īt log in anymore.

16 Feb 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >