Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Stickers to motivate learners.....    

Stickers to motivate learners.....

Samantha.esl
Italy

Stickers to motivate learners.....

Hello!

I �ve seen many times worksheets which are full of stickers. They are very cute stationary but I always had this doubt everytime I saw them.

How do you print them!? I mean do you use some special kind of paper that can be put into the printer?
I think of stickers and I think they should have one side with a some sort of adhesive thing?

Edit: Thank you so much for your suggestions! As silly as it may sound, I had no idea that adhesive paper for printers could be bought!!
I like the other suggestions too! Gelatin as adhesive! I had no idea about this!
It might be cheaper than actually buying the stickers.
 When I was young, I had a teacher who always travelled to USA and she used to bring really cute, shinny stickers rewards, pencils, cute rubbers with words (as in the stickers) etc.  I got so excited everytime she put a sticker on my folder.

20 Feb 2010      

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

I use special sheets for stickers, you can find them in stationery stores and departments in A4 format. I print, cut the stickers and the students stick on their notebooks, homework or backpacks.

20 Feb 2010     

moravc
Czech Republic

One option is to buy the paper with adhesive "back".... But the price is much higher compared to "normal" printing paper.
But if you need to print at low price, you may consider buying big white stickers.
They are usually sold  as a roll of two columns (each about 8cm) and they fit into the printer well :-D
They  are sometimes sold in a roll and then arrange  the pics to fit to the stickers...
|____||___||___|
Something like this :-D

Buy the transparent adhesive foil. It is sold in a roll 150 cm x 20 cm and it should cost no more than 1 US dollar.
Place it on table, take out a bit of the antiadhesive yellow paper, place the stickers and roll it back.
So, you will have stickers "surrouned" by the transparent foil. Cut the stickers individually...
It works well and the stickers are last-longing :-)

Of course you may use the double-adhesive tape (double sided tape), it is very cheap too. (About 1-2 dollars), but you may cover the stickers with the normal tape as well, so they last longer. This is probably the cheapest and fastest way how to make stickers... BTW you may try to make some crafts with this tape - ideal for birthday cards - cut a heart and sprinkle with seed beads! Or a snowman :-) I made one for my friend in Australia :-)

20 Feb 2010     

Pinky Makus
Canada

You all have such great ideas.  May I add a few?  When that special paper or sticky labels are not available you can print on slightly thicker paper and cover the back side with a little flour and water.  You can also use some cooking gelatin mixed with water.  Place the paper somewhere to dry and then later cut out the stickers.  Then when you need them you can wet/moisten the stickers as you need them.  If you use gelatin, the stickers could probably be licked as well, just like the way you might lick a stamp or the flap on an envelope. 

Hope that helps.  Of course if you get stuck (joke) you can use double sided tape.  :)

For fun you can also look at some websites that tell you how to create your own stickers and decals.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Homemade-Stickers/

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Your-Own-Stickers-%28Contact-Method%29

http://www.ehow.com/how_4856710_make-own-decals.html

20 Feb 2010     

Joeyb1
South Africa

Hi Samantha,
As Zailda said, I also buy my sheets of labels at stationery outlets.  I then print on the white side of the label so it is SO easy to just peel of the stickers when you are marking books.
It is also much cheaper printing your own stickers as to buying stickers. 

There are various sites online where you can order labels from:

Happy stickering.
Smile

20 Feb 2010