Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Teaching Grammar    

Teaching Grammar

caroay
Spain

Teaching Grammar

Hello to everyone!!
I need your help. I am working on a paper on different approaches to teaching Grammar. First, I am going to try to come up to a definition of grammar (prescriptive, descriptive, etc) and then I have to focus on how to teach it. I �ve found lots of information, but I am not sure of the pedagogical basis for it. Any help will be appreciated!!!

24 Feb 2010      

anitarobi
Croatia

You �ll have to concentrate on different knowledge levels and age groups of sts when you deal with the pedagogical aspect and various methods of teaching grammar. For instance, if you split the groups into, e. g., preschool, elementary children, intermediate children, advanced teenagers (plus adult beginners, intermediate and advanced sts), how much grammar you teach and which methods you use will greatly differ from group to group. Perhaps you could add some info to your post: whether you are supposed to concentrate on a certain level or age in your paper, which time period you are supposed to concentrate on (a month, a week, a school year, a semester...) - because the timeline is also important in planning lessons and how much grammar we are supposed to cover. As for the methods, a lot depends on what your classroom offers - if you have the basic board-desks-chairs setting, or you can use pcs, online classes, videos/dvds, audio, interactive boards, etc. If you have more info and questions, feel free to send me a pm, and I �ll try to help if I can, but if you can post the details here, today or any other day, I �m sure you �ll get a lot more help, different viewpoints and methods from many members here.
Anita

24 Feb 2010     

IRINA DUMITRASCU
Romania

Hi. I wrote a paper on this subject (Teaching grammar....). I could help you. Please write to [email protected].

24 Feb 2010     

vardaki
Cyprus

DEAR IRINA
Οne of the new rules said:
  • Do not publish your email, telephone number or address in the forum. Anybody could see it. It is not safe

Hugs

25 Feb 2010