Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > narrative writing    

narrative writing

khaled696
Palestine

narrative writing

salam dear collagues
1st id like to express how much pain which we are  feeling  now  when we  heard about what happend to our brothers in chilie,may allah bless al people in the world Ameen.
second id like to ask for something may be some of you know the answer.
here in our country and with cooporation with COloumbia Teachers Collage have an extinsive work shops about teaching narrative writing> the question is do you have in ur schools such programmes coz we teach it now to our students>

long live PEACE and LOVE among ALL the PEOPLE of THE world

thx in advance
lovely moslimah

28 Feb 2010      

hallouma
Algeria

wa alaykom assalam.

Thank you for your sincere feelings towards the victims of the earthquake. We all feel sorry because we are humans at the end.

Can you explain more what narrative writing exactly means?

28 Feb 2010     

khaled696
Palestine

narrative  stories means true stories
is when you write about actions happend with  you truely
regards
hajar

28 Feb 2010     

libertybelle
United States

I don �t mean to be rude or anything  - and I know you �re being kind -
but.... - you rarely find people say here at the board

May Moses bless you or May Jesus Christ bless you.

Most religions DO believe in a God.

Can �t we just agree to ask God to bless people and not Allah, Buddha, Jesus or any other religious figurehead that seems to be a reason for much religious disagreement in the world today and cause of much war and hatred?

28 Feb 2010     

Aimee/S.
Israel

What a strange request...
You should know that Muslims have a very strong faith in God and that expressions with "Allah" are used in Arabic on a daily basis.
Asking a Muslim not to mention Allah is a lack of respect I would say...
Allah isn�t a "figurehead" - it is the name of God.
And btw I don �t know who would say "Moses" - we Jews thank "God" . Moses is considered as a human being and not as a godly figure.
If a Christian had to write over here on the forum: may Jesus bless you, I wouldn �t feel offended at all...

28 Feb 2010     

hallouma
Algeria

Well, here we don �t teach narrative writing in that sense. I think it �s a little bit difficult to tell a student to write a story that really happened with him simply because there are only a few students who can express themselves freely in English.

To libertybelle: I wish you had answered her question at least we could exchange information. Sorry to tell you that you have understood things wrongly and neither time nor place are suitable to clear your ambiguity.

To Aimee: Thank you.

28 Feb 2010