Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Trouble with the reported ws section    

Trouble with the reported ws section

libertybelle
United States

Trouble with the reported ws section

When someone has reported a stolen or copied WS - I usually click on the little image on the left to get a better view to make sure it is the same as the link where the original is.
Now, when I click on the small image on the left - it opens in my WORD program which means I have literally downloaded a stolen WS!!  I can also see that the images on the left are uploaded as DOC.

Why is this? 
L

5 Mar 2010      

Zora
Canada

It automatically pops out because it �s supposed to. The worksheet has been "frozen" and now nobody can download it but the moderators to make sure that it is a copy, scanned or that the properties are different. 

5 Mar 2010     

Pinky Makus
Canada

I know.  It is something to get used to.  This is written on the reporting page:  (Sorry it was already in capital letters.)

AS YOU CAN SEE, WHEN YOU CLICK ON THE WORKSHEETS, IT DOWNLOADS THE ACTUAL DOCUMENT.
THE REASON IS THAT "FROZEN" CONTRIBUTIONS ARE NOT VISIBLE IN THE WEBSITE.
THESE DOWNLOADS WILL NOT TAKE POINTS FROM YOUR ACCOUNT.

6 Mar 2010     

libertybelle
United States

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoohhhhhhhhhhh...ok!

Thanks!

6 Mar 2010     

libertybelle
United States

Just had a thought!  If the "frozen" WS just opens in Word - then we can �t check to see the date it was uploaded to compare with the link.  How can well tell which WS is the oldest?

6 Mar 2010     

Zora
Canada

In theory, only the new worksheets can be reported. The old ones only have two options- copied from website or a book. So there is little or no confusion.

6 Mar 2010     

Akanah
Spain

Hi,
you can save it and take a look at its "name" (eslprintables200904...) or just click on Prepare - properties and the same info is given.

Olga

6 Mar 2010     

zailda
Brazil

@Akanah, you �re a genious... I �ve just downloaded a ws from the recent contributions page and its "name" begins with: 201035 (2010/3(month)/5(day)!). Thanks a lot for this information, there are so many numbers in a ws �s "name" that I �d never pay attention to it, if you didn �t explain what it is about...

Have a nice day/evening!

6 Mar 2010     

mena22
Portugal

Olga, thank you so much  for the information. I had no idea the first numbers were the date.

Wish you all a nice weekend.
mena

6 Mar 2010     

Akanah
Spain

I didn �t know it either! Someone (sorry, I can �t remember who) gave me that info a year ago :=)
 Have a great weekend!
 Olga

6 Mar 2010