Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Most uploaded worksheets    

Most uploaded worksheets

starlehrer
Germany

Most uploaded worksheets

No day without "the Simpsons" and "St. Patrick �s Day" - who can tell me why???

6 Mar 2010      

blunderbuster
Germany

I guess people think that what others have been successful with is a safe bet ...... At least I hope the new ws are better than their predecessors, haven�t had a look at any of them ..... Try it yourself.....make a ws or a game and be sure to find similar ones just a few days later ;o)))))

6 Mar 2010     

Aimee/S.
Israel

The Simpsons are always very popular - both for children and adults.
St-Patrick �s day will be celebrated on March 17.
When there is a holiday or a celebration coming up, there are always lots of worksheets connected to them: Christmas, Valentine �s Day etc... 
I think it �s nice to have such worksheets, it keeps you updated about what �s going on in different countries and parts of the world.
Sometimes you �ll find w/s connected to Jewish or Muslim festivals, they usually get less points because the festivals are less "universal"... but it doesn �t matter, as long as they help some of us!

Not need to express open criticism about some of the worksheets, blunder... - what isn�t good for you may be good for other people. Your remarks are more suitable for a pm in my opinion.

6 Mar 2010     

stexstme
France

When you log in, �it � says : You CAN download ...ws, it doesn �t say YOU HAVE TO ...LOL
I like it A LOT when members upload ws ...It means they want to share..., Well...to me!Wink
Uploading a ws about St Patrick �s day in ...March ( ! ) seems OK to me. Ha! Ha!
Hugs  to uploaders from  London ;o)))
SylvieCool
What is amazing for  me is : ....Xmas ws ...in June!!Wacko See ?? We are ALL different! Good news!Thumbs Up
Take care

6 Mar 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Who expressed open criticism? My post was general and did not refer to any subject matter in particular. Preaching water and drinking wine?

IMHO: Simpsons pictures are copyrighted and should not be used here anyway.

And: My fortune cookie yesterday read: "He who does not read more into a post than there is is a happy person."

Geek

6 Mar 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

I say the bigger the choice the better!! :))

6 Mar 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

I don �t remember when I have been forced to download a Simpsons printable or a holiday activity.
Point is, some people want them and enjoy them; otherwise they would not be uploaded daily. I enjoy the diversity and I �d rather have too many of something than not enough.

6 Mar 2010     

eng789
Israel

I agree with manonski (f) -

Have you checked how many Irregular verb pages there are or for that matter, anything dealing with grammar.

If you want to complain about something - try this: 

When you(meaning people on the site) upload a reading comprehension task could you please write the TOPIC in your description and not just " a text with questions."

And now on a positive note,  I am happy to see that more people are doing 2-on-a-page wss.  Our trees thank you and so do I.

Hugs,
Barbara

6 Mar 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

The Simpsons are famous... many students like them (and most importantly, recognize the family). I don �t think there �s more to read into it than this.

As to the holidays wss being posted more in their seasons, it comes to me as logic. Approve

I haven �t used the Simpsons myself, but I was told they can be found in free-clipart sites, just like the Disney characters, which means they are allowed to be used (those available for buying or for free non-commercial use).

Anyways, when people need points right away (beginners, mostly), what �s the harm of going with the flow and trying to make wss that will get certain downloads (once you get to know your public)? With time, everyone will upload wss they would use themselves (what �s the point of producing material just for this website forever?! points?! Don �t think so).

In the end, diversity will always exist. Thankfully.

Bruna.

6 Mar 2010