Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Friendship Project - Rainbow Fish Bulletin Board    

Friendship Project - Rainbow Fish Bulletin Board

Victoria-Ladybug
Israel

Friendship Project - Rainbow Fish Bulletin Board

Hi everyone!
I wanted to share with you my pupils � work.
I am working on Frienship Project in my 6th and 5th grades.
I �ve chosen a beautiful story called "Rainbow Fish".
About the story:
The Rainbow Fish, by Marcus Pfister,
 is about a little fish who learns a lesson about sharing. 
Rainbow Fish learns to make friends by sharing his prized shimmering scales with others.

Here is the bulletin board we created after reading the story.
We discussed the importance of friendship in the class, and
made a list on the board of qualities that friends have or should have.
Then everyone got a scale.
Pupils wrote a quality on each scale that they would like a friend to have.

At the end we put our giant fish on the wall in the English classroom.
The pupils were so proud to see their own Rainbow Fish.
Here is the you tube video link:

I have  also a worksheet that is too heavy to upload to the site.
Everyone who is interested, send me a pm and I will send it to you.

Have a wonderful day!
Victoria-Ladybug

8 Mar 2010      

anaisabel001
Spain

What a lovely project!!Congratulations to you and to your students!Thumbs UpClap

8 Mar 2010     

Animagus
Portugal

I �ve read the story and it �s a wonderful one. Very nice project. Keep working like that.

8 Mar 2010     

Moon22
United Arab Emirates

WoooW..

I liked your project !!.. 

What a coincidence !! .. today i taught my students about what is a true friends and his/ her characteristics..

Thanks for sharing your project and ideas .. I might think about a similar way  of making a poster about " a True Friend "  :)  

8 Mar 2010     

izulia
China

Fantastic work,
I might do something like that with my students! Well done!

8 Mar 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

excellent idea! i �d like to have the ws you made, can you send it to me? here �s my email: [email protected]
thanks!

8 Mar 2010     

erar2008
Spain

Well done!!! It �s a lovely project! Congratulations!!!

8 Mar 2010     

moravc
Czech Republic

Wow, it �s wonderful, Victoria!
If your worksheet is too big, why don �t you copy it into MS Paint and insert it back to Word  as a single picture? I am sure everybody would love to have your worksheet!
Single jpg is much smaller than an ordinary ws... (everyone can edit the jpg in Paint...) Jpg of 1 page is usually 100-150kb... :-) (see David Lisgo�s phonic wss - http://www.eslprintables.com/buscador/author.asp?user=11480&orderby=id#thetop - There are 2 pages of 2 inserted pictures in Word and no problem with size...

I know that Eslprintables is about sharing editable worksheets, but this printable of yours seems to be sooo unique and I think there might be no need to change it whatsoever....

IF you want to be really kind to downloaders, you also may group all pics in your ws, copy it to MS Paint, insert it into blank Word document in the background and group all textboxes and insert them on the top of the pic. This way your ws will be much lighter and STILL editable :-)

If you need help, let me know, I can manage it... :-D It can be done within 10 minutes.
Congratulations on your wonderful project! It�s amazing work!!!

8 Mar 2010     

Victoria-Ladybug
Israel

Thanks for your kind and encouraging words !
 Victoria

8 Mar 2010     

petili
Bulgaria

It �s fantastic! I haven �t heard of this story. I �ve just seen the video on you tube and I liked the idea very much. I �d like to do a similar lesson with my students too and if you could send me the lesson plan I �ll be very grateful to you. It �s a wonderful idea to talk about friends and friendship in class. Congratulations!  My e-mail is    [email protected].
Best wishes
Petya

8 Mar 2010     

k-rlita
Peru

It�s so cute! Congrats!Clown

8 Mar 2010     

1    2    Next >