Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Question from a student about a precise subject name    

Question from a student about a precise subject name

lapaoiza
Argentina

Question from a student about a precise subject name

Hi everyone! I would appreciate if you could help me with this:

Yesterday, I was revising names of subjects at school, and one of my ss said he would like to be an agronomist... and that his favourite subject was "CAMPO"... that is, a subject where they go to the field or country and plant seeds, take care of animals and do agricultural activities...

My anwer was: I�ll look up that word and I�ll tell you next class... (but I haven�t found it anywhere... could you help me please?)

Thanks in advance.

La Pao

9 Mar 2010      

mpr_girl
Romania

Hi,
In my country this subject is called Agronomy...Idon �t know if it �s of very much use, though....

9 Mar 2010     

douglas
United States

Wikipedia says:

Agronomy is the science and technology of using plants for food, fuel, feed, and fiber. Agronomy encompasses work in the areas of plant genetics, plant physiology, meteorology, and soil science.[1] Agronomy is the application of a combination of sciences like biology, chemistry, ecology, earth science, and genetics. Agronomists today are involved with many issues including producing food, creating healthier food, managing environmental impact of agriculture, and creating energy from plants.[2] Agronomists often specialize in areas such as crop rotation, irrigation and drainage, plant breeding, soil classification, soil fertility, weed control, insect and pest control.

(Couldn�t find anything on "CAMPO", but it sounds like "field work")

9 Mar 2010     

Ril911
United States

Hey There- At my community college it is labled "Agricultural Technology"  The classes taught include the topics that are listed in Douglas � post on Agronomy.

9 Mar 2010     

lapaoiza
Argentina

I think the closest answer is FIELD WORK... because Agronomy is too wide for what they do in the subject called CAMPO...

Thank you for your replies!!!

9 Mar 2010     

zoemorosini
United States

Agricultural studies?

Zoe Morosini

9 Mar 2010