Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > HeLp!    

HeLp!

ml_22
Argentina

HeLp!

Hi there everyone!

Could anyone suggest any ideas on ice breakers for elderly adult beginners? I  have a very reduced group of  two students starting on Monday and it �s their very first English lesson. Since I have never had such a small group  I don �t have any ideas at the moment Unhappy Thanks in advance for your help!

10 Mar 2010      

esosh
Turkey

http://adulted.about.com/od/icebreakers/tp/toptenicebreakers.htm

try here ;)

10 Mar 2010     

annabelle1654
Germany

Something I did with beginners once is I drew pictures, wrote names), and numbers that were significant to me.  Without being to complicated 2 was the number of children I have so I put a 2 on my page - the board.  I would even spell my name and put it on my page or on the board to show them what you want them to do.  They probably don �t know what they know, I �m sure they have "heard" English so maybe a picture book begining would help them to communicate the basics like name, age, children, car, house or apartment.  Good Luck!

Bells

10 Mar 2010     

aftab57
United Kingdom

http://honolulu.hawaii.edu/intranet/committees/FacDevCom/guidebk/teachtip/teachtip.htm

10 Mar 2010     

kons
Morocco

a very useful link, thanks a lot dear aftab57

10 Mar 2010     

ml_22
Argentina

Thank you all for your responses Clap I �ll try them out, wish me luck Tongue

11 Mar 2010