Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > FIRST AND SECOND TYPE CONDITIONAL SPEAKING ACTIVITIY    

FIRST AND SECOND TYPE CONDITIONAL SPEAKING ACTIVITIY

cemakyol
Turkey

FIRST AND SECOND TYPE CONDITIONAL SPEAKING ACTIVITIY

Are there any entertaining activities to make sts speak about it ? :))

13 Mar 2010      

HARIM
Morocco

Hi,
One way to do it is to give time to students to think about situations and prepare questions.This is an example of questions they may come up with:
       C1:What will you do if you have a lot of money?
       C2:What would you do if you were invisible?
 Questions like these may trigger our students� imagination and may also help us measure the learning process.

13 Mar 2010     

serene
Greece

Check the following links from Dave �s ESL Cafe.

13 Mar 2010     

toandfro_
Poland

What I �ve practiced with my student is telling a story. You start saying for instance: If I were rich, I would live in Africa. Then student keep on taking the second part of your sentence: If i lived in Africa, I would eat bananas every day. The next one: If I ate bananas every day....... Kids find it rly enjoyable and entertaining :) One more exercise which I can advise you also using realia: bring to classroom a bag with different objects (whatever comes to your mind.. a key, a box of matches, a book, a teddy bear etc...) let each kid take an object and create creative sentence connected with the object.   Good luck :)

13 Mar 2010     

cemakyol
Turkey

Thank you alll so muchhhh for your advice ;))

13 Mar 2010