Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Materials for adult beginners    

Materials for adult beginners

aftab57
United Kingdom

Materials for adult beginners

My adult beginner students have completed about 150 hours of class contact time and can communicate reasonablywell for their level. During the next 3 weeks I want to spend some time creating a 30 lesson course for the last (3rd) term mainly for reading and writing and some further speaking.

Some general aims will be:
reading
follow a short narrative on a familiar topic or experience
limited meaningful sight vocabulary of words, sight and symbols
obtain information from texts
read and write simple sentence structures

writing
write a text giving basic personal details
write a brief message giving details of present activities

I would like to request those colleagues who teach adults and have materials uploaded here to kindly send me a PM so I can browse through their materials and download appropriate worksheets.

Thank you in advance

19 Mar 2010      

Mariethe House
France

Dear Aftab! I can �t believe my eyes!! You are asking for materials from us!!Smile
Honestly each time we ask for something you �re there!! I never thought you could need
anything from anyone!!I have sent you  a pm but I wish I could help you so much more!!
You are such a generous person!

19 Mar 2010     

colibrita
United Kingdom

I know! Amazing isn �t it?? I �m afraid my stuff is very grammar-oriented Aftab, not really what you�re looking for I guess.

Re: Adult learner material it does remind me tho � about something - wouldn �t it be great if there could be another age category on here, ie. 18+,  to narrow down our searches, and sift out bunny and angel decorations, sweet as they are!

Hope you find what you need Aftab

19 Mar 2010