Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Passover    

Passover

Aimee/S.
Israel

Thanks for your kind wishes!   חג שמח

28 Mar 2010     

Krysstl
France

HAPPY  PASSOVER !! Smile

28 Mar 2010     

stexstme
France

HAPPY PASSOVER TO FRIENDS!
Hug

28 Mar 2010     

k.samula
Poland

I �m not a Jew but I also celebrate Passover today. I would really like to know how you celebrate it in Israel. Can anyone tell me something about it?

28 Mar 2010     

emulator
Egypt

chag aviv sameyach Smile

28 Mar 2010     

sevimnevzat
Turkey

Happy passover to all but could anybody tell me what it is?:)) I see it is a special week or a day for  Jews but I really would like to know in detail what it is.

28 Mar 2010     

emulator
Egypt

Passover ( pesach  in Hebrew) is a Jewish spring festival that begins in March or April and lasts for seven or eight days. Passover begins with a special meal that reminds Jewish people of how God helped their ancestors escape from Egypt (the exodus).
During Passover only unleavened bread (matzah) may be eaten, symbolizing the Hebrews � suffering in bondage and the haste with which they left Egypt.

28 Mar 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

passover_clipart1.gif Happy Passover image by Raymond-007

28 Mar 2010     

Aimee/S.
Israel

In the 2nd Bible book "Exodus", the Children of Israel leave Ancient Egypt after hundreds of years of slavery (nice to get greetings - in Hebrew! - from Modern Egypt!! :))) - led by Moses. They were such in a rush to leave that the bread they prepared for the journey didn �t have time to raise. That �s why we don �t eat bread today during the week of Passover - we eat a thin sheet of a sort of a cracker called "matza" in Hebrew. And we don �t eat anything else that contains flour which raised - like spaghetti, for example.
Tomorrow night we celebrate the "Seder" (seder means order in hebrew) - it �s a long night that combines dinner, blessings and the telling of the story. One of the fun stuff we do is hide a piece of "matza" somewhere in the house and the children look for it. The one who finds it gets a gift (and all the other children too!!!)
During the week, people like to go out on trips in nature, do fun stuff or visit friends and family. We eat... whatever is available... and we long for bread, pitta... LOL
Hope this helps!
This is also for you, Sylvie - you asked me what Passover was Heart

28 Mar 2010     

olaola
Italy

to Aimee:
... "spaghetti" are not made with flour which raises...

Happy Passover to all!!!!!

28 Mar 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >