Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > An interesting event: A Miracle !    

An interesting event: A Miracle !

Sonn
Russian Federation

Dear friends, maybe I �ll disappoint you but this occasion is a fake. I remember it and I also thought it to be a miracle. It was widely discussed in the mass media here. But unfortunately it turned out that the parents wrote these verses themselves.

As to the video, I think it �s ok. I don �t think there would be much discussion if somebody had sent a video about verses from the Bible on a baby �s body. I guess the would be lots of "thanks".

BTW there were a lot of congratulations on different religious holidays here.

3 Apr 2010     

joy2bill
Australia

I found this an interesting video.

It immediately reminded me of some months ago when some Australians claimed to have seen an image of Mary on a very popular and public walkway in Sydney. The news channels ran it for some days.
We enourage our students to watch the news and so therefore this is completely valid as far as I can see.

I must also suggest to GGman not to spread such incisive views. Take the time to learn about ALL religions and I think you �ll find we are all very similar... we all crave peace and happiness not death and killing.

I also believe it is okay to discuss these things here as long as it can be done in a mature, professional manner. Maybe, just maybe we can demonstrate that in our small community people from all over the world can get together in peace and harmony... and this  can only come about when we get eliminate ignorance  (I use �ignorance � in its purest form to mean �not knowing �)

If I have stirred up any feelings I aplogise but I stand firm in my belief that knowledge should be used to inform and we as teachers are so often the source of many people �s knowledge.

3 Apr 2010     

Yulia Mo
Russian Federation

Thank you for your words of reason JOY2BILL.
Let �s live in peace and avoid offensive remarks.

3 Apr 2010     

libertybelle
United States

It �s ok to post a link to something that is relevant to English teaching.
It is ok to wish people the very best too.

But you have done neither.
You �ve sent a link to a Russian video
and sent a Muslim blessing.
We �ve written about this before.

All religions have a God - so if you hoped God blesses everyone here
then each person can interpret that from their own religion - but you
only name Allah.
I don �t want to be blessed by a religion that has no
respect or tolerance for other religions.

Regarding occasions:
It �s also ok to wish everyone a blessed Ramadan - just as it �s ok to wish people
a happy Passover or Easter.

3 Apr 2010     

GGman
Canada

Clearly Rosa Rose should not be posting this.
Let �s keep this site as an educational site for teachers
and not a opportunity for spreading your religious opinions.
Sorry if my statement offended any true and peaceful
Muslims, but I simply stated a fact that is validated everyday
in our newspapers. I don �t think all people who are Muslims
want to kill each other or other innocent people.

3 Apr 2010     

lshorton99
China

Actually this video could lead to interesting discussions in class as it shown by the discussion it has raised here. Perhaps it could be a discussion on so-called miracles or students could use it to practise modals of deduction - it can �t be true, it must be true etc.

GGman, I �m glad you believe that not all Muslims want to kill people but your first post said that Mohammed says they should which is not only inflamatory but factually inaccurate. Personally I believe that lots of humans try to kill each other regardless of religion. Catholics and Protestants in Ireland spent decades fighting. Hitler tried to exterminate the Jews. Whether you consider this post to be valid or not, your remark was extremely offensive.

I agree totally with joy2bill. Let �s spread peace, love and understanding and respect the views of others on this site.

3 Apr 2010     

< Previous   1    2