Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > oooo    

oooo

lango
Thailand

oooo

Have a break and check out this crazy artist.

worth a look :)

3 Apr 2010      

Sonn
Russian Federation

It made me cry. It �s about World War II. I think it can be even used in class as a speaking task.
 This year we celebrate 65th anniversary of the Great Victory. We shouldn �t forget such things!
Thanks for the link, lango!

3 Apr 2010     

adital
Israel

The clip is great! Interesting how different nations refer to the same historical events in so many different ways. We commemorate the holocaust every year, here in Israel, in a special memorial day it has to do with a terrible loss and heroism but not with victory. And you know what? there was victory there but the focus in our country is on the 6 million Jews brutally murdered. So for me it was surprising to read what you wrote, kind of an eye opening. And I certainly agree the whole world must never forget.

All the best
Adital

3 Apr 2010     

Sonn
Russian Federation

Commemorating the Victory we remember all the people who died during the War, who gave their lives so that people all over the World could live without war (unfortunately, there are still wars in different parts of the world). We call it "a holiday full of tears" because millions and millions  of people of different nations died during the fights, the attacks and in the death camps. Lots of them survived but died after the War because of the injuries. I never thought why do we call it a Victory Day but now I think it is a psychological thing. When people remember about such a Great Victory they know that the evil is vincible.

3 Apr 2010     

volga
United States

Why was she crazy? I thought she was truly amazing. People were reacting to the music and the songs...

Just read the lyrics of this one:

Sometimes I imagine that our soldiers,

Who fell in battle in the days gone by,

Were not consumed by earth, covered with boulders-

They turned into white cranes flying high.

They fly from yesterday into tomorrow,

And call our pain to us from on high.

Is this not why so often, with such sorrow,

We turn our silent gazes to the sky?

The tired flock flies on as dusk gets near,

In misty fog as far as eye can see,

And that formation has a gap so clear,

Perhaps there is a place in there for me.

The day will come and I will gladly follow

The flock of cranes into the murky haze.

And from the skies my message raw and hollow

Will bring you grief that time cannot erase. 

3 Apr 2010     

Sonn
Russian Federation

Volga, thank you very much for the lyrics. It �s my favourite song.

It was written by Rassoul Gamzatov, a great poet who was born in Dagestan (Caucasian part of Russia) and whose touching lyrics were translated into Russian and into many other languages (His native tongue is Avar language). Here is a link to the song (the English translation is a bit different).

Here is a Russian version performed by Joseph Cobson

3 Apr 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Thank you for sharing. I wish I understood what they are singing.

Regina

3 Apr 2010     

lango
Thailand

I didn �t mean she was crazy, i meant her art and skills were!
Nuts, insane..... :)

3 Apr 2010     

juliag
Japan

Amazingly talented lady and very moving artwork, thanks a lot for posting the link.

3 Apr 2010