Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > To my Portuguese colleagues    

To my Portuguese colleagues

morganalin
Portugal

To my Portuguese colleagues

Hi, how do you do? First of all I wish all of you a great weekend...
This question is for my Portuguese colleagues...
Which 12� English school books do you recommend? I need to buy one or two, which are the best ones?
Take care and thanks in advance

9 Apr 2010      

almaz
United Kingdom

Morganalin, I know you �re looking for advice from your Portuguese colleagues but ...a wee bit of advice from a British colleague: I �d suggest Which 12� English school books do you recommend? You don �t need the �me � unless you want to say � ... recommend for me � (me personally, nobody else). I �ve seen this misconstruction too many times to let it go, unfortunately, and I know how keen you are to help others when they make mistakes.

Yours  a wee bit pedantically, but with the best intentions.

Alex

10 Apr 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Almaz

Thanks a lot, for your kind lesson. I would say that most of the people here write a little bit in a hurry and we frequently see lots of small mistakes, which, in fact are not serious; some are typing mistakes, others are just because we are but leaving a short message and we don �t care more than we would in our native language.

This answer  you posted, my opinion, would / could be wonderful IF pmed. Here, it looks like as if you are pointing fingers to someone who is not able to write correctly/ fluently.

And, in the meantime, you didn �t provide any answer to Morgan question!!!!

@ Morgan, sorry, can �t help you, I don �t work with 12� for a long , long time.
Hope you find your way, I �m sure you will

Hugs
linda

10 Apr 2010