Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > The Use of Songs and Background Music in the EFL classrooms in the Moroccan High Schools    

The Use of Songs and Background Music in the EFL classrooms in the Moroccan High Schools

Miss Philosophy
Morocco

The Use of Songs and Background Music in the EFL classrooms in the Moroccan High Schools

My question is to everybody, especially to the Moroccan teachers of English, I would like to know to what extent songs and music are used in the classrooms? 

12 Apr 2010      

class centre
Belarus

I use songs for my little ones to practice speech patterns, to warm up, to move around. I use songs with my big ones to find and drill grammar points, to practice listening and correcting mistakes or filling in the gaps. Songs are pieces of speech and are very useful in teaching languages.
Besides, when they do some silent job ( like colouring, cutting and pasting, etc.) I put some quiet music or a song they know and they can either relax doing manual work or sing along  in a low voice..
Good luck!

12 Apr 2010