Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > XMAS PRESENTS    

XMAS PRESENTS

karenp
United States

XMAS PRESENTS

HELLO EVERYBODY THIS IS THAT TIME OF THE YEAR WHERE YOU HAVE TO GIVE PRESENTS TO EVERYBODY...SINCE THIS IS MY FIRST XMAS AS A TEACHER I HAVE BEEN THINKING ON WHAT TO GIVE MY STUDENTS SINCE THERE IS A LOT OF THEM AND THEY ALL ARE ADULTS. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS?????????????????????????

21 Nov 2008      

Vickiii
New Zealand

My favourite present ever is:

Stress kits.  I will upload some examples (watch this space) I needed somethign to do this afternoon anyway!!!  I am actually quite excited at the moment - my old class is video conferencing me in about 2 -3 hours from New Zealand!  they are on camp.... very cool huh!

For the cheap option - but still wonderful - give people a christmas card or scroll telling them how wonderful they are.

Vicki

Finished - here you go: http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=134609#thetop  It also has an example of student and teacher anti stress kit.

I hope you like it.

21 Nov 2008     

A.M.S
Argentina

Hello Karen,

If you�re looking for a nice (and not so expensive)  present for your adult students you could give each of them an ornament for their Christmas trees. I did it a couple of years and students were really glad. It�s a good way of saying "Merry Christmas, I really appretiate you guys" and they all love it (men and women) :)

21 Nov 2008     

puddyd
Oman

Hiya Karenp,
You can also source a special christmas decoration for each student and pop it into a Christmas card. As Christmas is a time for remembering special people and times , it becomes a good reminder for them as they do their tree every year. I do it for my friends and they love it.
Regards
Andrea

21 Nov 2008     

spring
Turkey

Yeah I have already downloaded the printable Vickii and see the word " lollipop"
This remind me of my school years.My memoir is also related with the topic presents.
Once a time we-students- sold lollipops in the canteen with the permisson of the principal.
And the ones who bought our lollipops left written Xmas messages to us for to send others later.
We wrote the messages on Xmas cards and before Xmas we distrubute the cards like a postman.
Of course this distrubituon was only among the school.
But we had a lot of fun,gained money and used English practically. 
It was a nice feeling to receive surprise cards from friends with whom we were always together.
This may not work with adult Students but with children it is worth trying I think. 
Xmas cards are the best present according to me..
Hope you find the best present for your students Karen.

21 Nov 2008     

karenp
United States

Thanks a lot for replies everybdoy I think I might go with the ornaments for the christmas tree and the stress kits that was very interesting! but since I have some students graduating from the course I wanted to give them something else but I dont know..
btw puddyd I did not quite understand the idea of using a source and convert it into a xmas card can you explain me one more please or show me an example?????
Thanks!!!

22 Nov 2008     

dennismychina
China

Hi All,

My two cents worth to this wonderful time of year is bookmarks. In fact I used them on odd accessions as gifts, prizes or just inspirational messages, back in the good old days of smaller and fewer classes. Unfortunately, nowadays I have far too many classes to do things like that. They (the bookmarks) are easy to put together, especially for a talented group such as yourselves and are generally well received.  You could visit http://www.janbrett.com for some ideas. If you print them onto name card (business card) card, (which most domestic printers can handle) they last a long time as well.

28 Nov 2008