Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Teaching children that don īt read and write, please help me!    

Teaching children that don īt read and write, please help me!

lyny
Mexico

Teaching children that don īt read and write, please help me!

Please I īll have a group of children, but they don īt read and write.

Where should I begin?????

16 Apr 2010      

Begogzp
Mexico

Hello
 I think you can start with simple vocabulary colors numbers etc with flashcards so they can see and color for example I hope this can help you ok?
Begoņa

16 Apr 2010     

Larisa.
Russian Federation

Hi

I agree with Begogzp. I always start with numbers and colours, and use different games with flashcards.
And of course it is a great idea to use songs. There are some free songs at www.dreamenglish.com

I hope it helps.

Have a nice weekend!

16 Apr 2010     

banska bystrica
Slovakia

Hello,

I do not teach such small kids, but I did for a short time a year ago. We did a lot of drawings (family, garden, toys) and I taught them new words pointing at their drawings. And songs are great, kids love them, you are safe if you prepare a lot of songs (and videos, if it is possible).

Have a look here

http://www.britishcouncil.org/kids.htm

Bye!

16 Apr 2010     

martinasvabova
Czech Republic

This is what I teach: numbers, colours, family members, toys, animals and clothes. I also use songs a lot and flashcards and lots of games with flashcards. Children do colouring exercises, make minibooks.

16 Apr 2010     

dolcedulcinea
Italy

remember that the īre learning English the same way the are learning their mother tongue. and they don īt need to read or write!
they love to use this new language, so teach greetings (hello/goodbye), My name is etc. using songs, chants, games... use english to play and make crafts...
I īm sure it will be really fun for you and for them, good luck!

16 Apr 2010     

lyny
Mexico

Thank you dear friends!!!
 Thanks, Aftab you are very sharing!!!!!!
Can īt open some posts, Ill try later
Have a nice weekend byyyeee!!!!

16 Apr 2010     

lovemykids
Uruguay

You are right Lyny, Aftab is always sharing and helping us!!! He is really kind

A Hug!!

16 Apr 2010     

lovemykids
Uruguay

Sorry, I don īt really know ... he or she?Embarrassed 

16 Apr 2010     

lisacao
Italy

I teach children of 3, 4 and 5 years! I have lots of funny songs and flashcards you might find useful.! If you need any subjects (colours, numbers, family, animals, food, etc) just email to my personal mail and I will send you the materials. My mail is [email protected]

Take care
Lisa

16 Apr 2010     

lyny
Mexico

Thank you!!!!!

I can īt read some posts anbd can īt open some PMs I don īt know whats worng with my lap
or I īm doing something wrong

Send me PMs please I hope can open them later
Thank you anyway!!!!!

17 Apr 2010     

1    2    Next >