Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning powerpoints > Difficulties uploading my powerpoints.    

Difficulties uploading my powerpoints.

sandvitoria
Portugal

Difficulties uploading my powerpoints.

Hello!
I wonder if anyone could tell me how to minimize a power point with 1300kb, I �ve been trying to post it but because it has so many Kbs I haven �t been able.
Thanks
SV

21 Apr 2010      

sclail
Italy

Are there pics in it?  Usually they are the heavy part...

Try shrinking them in a photo editing program to reduce the file size of the image, rather than just altering the size after you insert them into the slide (I think the program retains the full potential size of the image)

Hope this helps

21 Apr 2010     

sclail
Italy

p.s.  obviously my last suggestion means re-inserting the images after re-sizing them in another program...

Good night and good luck!

21 Apr 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Check your pm.
kisses
linda

22 Apr 2010     

redcamarocruiser
United States

Which program do you recommend for resizing pictures?

22 Apr 2010     

Sulany
Brazil

@redcamarocruiser

One member shared this link (free foto converter) in the forum, but I could not find the thread. Anyway, I �ve been using it, and it has helped me. You have to download the software.

Hope it helps.
S.

22 Apr 2010     

serene
Greece

@redcamarocruiser
I �ve also found http://www.webresizer.com/resizer/ useful and very easy to use.

22 Apr 2010     

sclail
Italy

Hi, yes any photo editor will do (as resizing is a basic function so they should all do it).  If you haven �t already tried the suggestions above by serene or Sulany, common ones installed on computers are Paint Shop Pro, IrfanView, Photoshop (a bit more expensive and usually for professional use) ...and there �s also a windows one I can �t remember then name of.  Here �s a tip:

If you aren �t sure if you already have an editor installed, when you are in the folder with the image files, RIGHT-CLICK on the image and from the menu LEFT-CLICK on OPEN WITH and you could see a list of possible programs that will open an image (not all are editors but you will be able to see the options at least)

Also, if you have a digital camera and have installed the software provided from that, you probably have something that will edit the images.

Have fun!

22 Apr 2010