Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning powerpoints > 500KB limit is unrealistic    

500KB limit is unrealistic

dragonwood
Spain

500KB limit is unrealistic

I think that the 500Kb limit set for .ppt files is rather low, especially considering that a regular .doc file can be 300KB, and it has no multimedia use.  

25 Apr 2010      

American Teacher
United States

I agree that 300 is too low for worksheets if they want to have clip art and borders also..

25 Apr 2010     

karim_ouz
Morocco

I agree with you..Most of my ppts are bigger than 500kb. I think the size of worksheets and ppts should be increased

25 Apr 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

300 kB for printable wss is perfectly fine provided you know how to use MS Word efficiently and how to reduce the size of clipart images. ;))

In order to help you, some users have been so generous to upload really great tutorials which can be downloaded for free here ...

Regarding the ppt problem you might be interested in reading this old thread:

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=13348

25 Apr 2010     

yolprica
Spain

I also agree with you that the size should be increased and I have already said so here before but nothing has been done. The result is that the powerpoints are not complete, and most of them are not worth dowloading. I am sorry to say this but it is what I think.
Yolanda

25 Apr 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

i also agree i see no point in having multiple  ppts of 500 if you have to split it and ended up with maybe 3 to 5 parts for a total of 1500 or 2500 kb that will take the same space if download as one. actually i dont know why but i have made a one file ppt of 890kb and when splited  in 3 or four parts is bigger than the original one and i mean bigger like 200kb more. But this is an issue that has been talked before but nothing has been done.

25 Apr 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

If you can use the tools of compression efficiently, you can put lots of images and fit into the size in Word  and also in ppt. I �ve got ppt. in my comp with almost 50 pictures and it still has only 4o0kB.So I am sure it is possible to fit.Wink

25 Apr 2010     

lhowse
Korea, South

I �m new to this site and also have a beef with the upload file size limits.  Most of the Powerpoints I make are of high quality.  I use plenty of graphics, sounds, animations, etc.  I �d venture to guess that 99% of my PPT �s are above 1mb.  

I �d love to share my work, but I can �t be bothered to chop my hard work into pieces and go through the process of uploading 5-6 times as opposed to just once, as it should be.  I �ve sifted through a dozen or more of my powerpoints and tried compressing everything but they are STILL above the limit.  So i �ve given up on it all together.

Also, it makes for a skewed value of points.  One Powerpoint... 5 files... 5 downloads for essentially one file.  It �s a pain in the neck.

27 May 2010