Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Graduation    

Graduation

Bonca
Hungary

Graduation

Dear Colleagues,

My students are graduating from secondary school this week. We �ll have our last lesson on Thursday and I �d like to give them a small present as a keepsake. Maybe a poem, a bookmark or a funny cartoon. Have you got any ideas?
Thanks for your help!Big smile
Judit

25 Apr 2010      

MarionG
Netherlands

I burned a dvd of all the video clips of all the songs we did in class and gave it as a parting gift (last lesson we saw all of the clips together), maybe that �s an idea? My students really appreciated it.

25 Apr 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

I did the same as Marion, but my DVD was clips of all the special outings or events that we did in class.
In another class I had everyone write something.  I then took a picture of the class and made a little booklet with the class picture on the front page and the writing on the adjoining pages.
If you are familiar with recording, you could have your class sing their favourite song, record it and give them a copy.
The book marks are a good idea as well.  There are several on this site.
Good luck.

25 Apr 2010     

Mercedes Bueno
Argentina

I gave my students a apecial present last year. We watched a video of a wonderful speach of Steve Jobs. You can watch it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF8uR6Z6KLc I also gave them a copy of the speach. Please, have a look at it. My students found it relly motivating.

26 Apr 2010     

cacucacu
Argentina

Dear friend when I graduated from secondary my teachers gave this beautiful poem which I still have with me after 20 years nearly. I hope you like it.
Take time to think...

it is the source of power.

Take time to play...

it is the secret of perpetual youth.

Take time to pray...

it is the greatest power on earth.

Take time to love and be loved...

it is a God-given privilege.

Take time to be friendly...

it is the road to happiness.

Take time to laugh...

it is the music of the soul.

Take time to give...

it is too short a day to be selfish.

Take time to work...

it is the price of success.

Take time to do charity...

it is the key to heaven.

26 Apr 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

Here is what I gave mine, in beautiful print on beautiful cardboard, with a ribbon round it, signed by me, with a couple of hand-written wishes for a deeply fulfilled life.

I love the deep meaning of these sentences, the intellectual challenge they present, and as an English teacher I love the way the ideas are put into language ...

Focus

Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you fail to focus on your goals.

Competition

Whoever said �It �s not whether you win or lose that counts�, probably lost.

Perseverance

The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but a matter of will.

Passion

There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart ... pursue those.

Risk

You can �t reach your goals without occasionally taking some long shots.

Success

Some people dream of success ... while others wake up and work hard at it

Opportunity

There is an island of opportunity in the middle of every difficulty.

Desire

Some people want it to happen, some wish it to happen ... others make it happen.

Commitment

Commitment is a line you cross ... it is the difference between dreaming and doing.

Diversity

Diversity is the one true thing we all have in common ... celebrate it every day.

Imagination

A mind once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.

Courage

Do not follow where the path may lead ... go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Believe/Succeed

The key to happiness is having dreams ... the key to success is making dreams come true.

26 Apr 2010     

Bonca
Hungary

Thank you for the nice poems and ideas!

27 Apr 2010