Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Outside activities and games    

Outside activities and games

readingaol
Portugal

Outside activities and games

The sun shines and the weather is perfect. My kids want to go outside. Could anyone share some games/activities to play outside?
I usually play the miming game, but i could use some brand new ideas. My kids are 9/10 years old. It �s a big class, 21 students.
Thanks.

26 Apr 2010      

coyote.chus
Spain

You can try either of these:

Trust Fall Circles

Form players into circles of between 6 to 10. Players should begin shoulder to shoulder with their hands palms open in front at shoulder height. One player moves to the centre of the circle and is told to close their eyes or is blindfolded. The instructions are that the player in the centre is to allow himself or herself to fall, keeping the feet together and the arms by their side. The players forming the circle must not allow the falling body to breach the circle; they must gently allow the body to circulate among them. Repeat until everyone has had a go in the centre.

Blind Friends

Players pair off. Studying their partner they try to think how they could identify each other if they met blind. They should be encouraged to touch each other�s hair, skin, and the fabric of the each other�s clothes. After a few minutes of exploration the players are told to close their eyes and walk in a random direction being careful how they bump into others. Partners should be well and truly mixed, give the order to try meet up without talking. Once partners have been reunited they should move to the side of the room leaving space until the final two unite. A second step is the players follow the same procedure as above but must find their partners without using their hands.

Blind Discovery Walk

Again, players pair off. This activity takes place outside, preferably in a garden, or enclosed area. One player closes their eyes, and is guided by the other, who must lead the blind partner, taking them to objects that they must try to identify. For this exercise to be effective, the person who is blind should remain so for at least ten or fifteen minutes.

26 Apr 2010     

almaz
United Kingdom

A scavenger hunt, maybe? There are plenty of examples here:

Happy hunting

Alex

PS: I �m always up for more ideas on outdoor games. It �s that time of the year again (at least in this part of the world)!

26 Apr 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

if you have space you can make a snake and ladder giant board with either chalk like the one to write on sidewalk or with the roll of paper we use for bulletin board ( i dont remember the name)

26 Apr 2010     

juliag
Japan

My kids love doing a color hunt, they have to find something for each color, say "This is a (red flower)" or "That is a (white cloud)" and so on and draw a picture of it. There is a worksheet in my printables if you are interested.

27 Apr 2010