Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Teen Mom / Moms    

Teen Mom / Moms

Mulle
Denmark

Teen Mom / Moms

Dear ESLPrintables Cooleagues,

I really need your help on a text or short story about teen moms. I have a student who is preparing her exams and she is in strong needs of a source.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

My student sends her greetings and thanks in advance.

Mulle

26 Apr 2010      

teresapr
Portugal

Hope these sites may be useful!

26 Apr 2010     

lagringa
Argentina

hello, Mulle
When I was 14 I met "Joe".  He was 17 and I guess what you would consider a "bad boy".  I thought he was amazing.  And since I was always considered a "good girl" just being associated with him excited me.  We started dating a few weeks after we met.  When we had been together for about 2 years, I found out I was pregnant.  I was only 16 and scared to death.  My mom wanted me to have an abortion, but when I didn �t want to, she wanted me to give the baby up for adoption.  I refused and she kicked me out.  My dad opened his home for me, and after my daughter was born, I lived there for 7 months.  When I was 17, "Joe" and I got married and moved into our own house.  He was working full time, and I was a junior in high school.  Eventually my mom came around, and I think that we are closer than we have ever been.  I graduated high school and went to college for medical assisting.  Early this year I found a really good job, and 2 weeks later found out I was pregnant.  "Joe" didn �t seem all that phased, but I was devistated.  I didn �t want another kid, I hadn �t even wanted 1!  Now I was going to be a 20 year old with 2 kids.  Our financial situation was ok, but adding a baby into the mix was not going to help anything.  But, I battled horrible morning sickness and a trip to the hospital for dehydration.  Then after 4 months of working, the employer decided that "they no longer had a need for my position".  I knew that wasn �t the reason, but I was so miserable from pregnancy, I took it as a blessing.  I was 6 months pregnant when I quit working.  Our son was born in September, exactly 4 years and 5 days after our daughter was born.  "Joe" and I will have been together for 6 years on Dec. 7th, and married for 4 in March.  I never thought I could be this happy.  What started out as (what I thought) the biggest mistake of my life, has turned into my whole world.  I love my little family, we are complete now.  I think every day about how lucky I am.  Most teenage moms don �t have the option of being with the baby �s dad, and usually end up single moms.  I happened to fall in love with someone who knows what it means to be a man and take responsibility for your actions.  I wouldn �t change anything.

taken from:http://www.experienceproject.com/stories/Am-A-Teenage-Mom/2233

27 Apr 2010     

Mulle
Denmark

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I have googled for texts too but what she really wants is a short story.
But thanks, anyway!

27 Apr 2010