Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Help me choose the best quote.     

Help me choose the best quote.

winky2
United Kingdom

Help me choose the best quote.

I need to choose a quote for my students who are graduating.

I �ve found three which I like but I can �t make up my mind. Which one do you like best?

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.

Success

To laugh often and much;
To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;
To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends;
To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others;
To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition;
To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.
This is to have succeeded.

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.

I also need to prepare some wishes for them. Any ideas??

Thanks a lot for your help

29 Apr 2010      

Lina Ladybird
Germany

I like the first one best. It �s short and concise as well as quite succinct. At first, I wasn �t able to decide between the 1st quote and the 3rd one, but I think - in this special context - the first one is more meaningful than the second one! ;))

29 Apr 2010     

Aga1985
Poland

I agree. I think the first one is the best. The secon one is too long, some students may not want to bother to read it :)

29 Apr 2010     

mish.cz
Czech Republic

I �had the same dilemma as Topolina - deciding between the first and the last one, the second one seems a little too lengthy to me. But finally I chose the last one, although it is more general. However, it suits my attitude and to what I appreciate on people much better. Moreover, concerning the first one, happiness and loving what you do, though interrelated, are not satisfactory synonyms for me.�

just a personal viewpoint:-)

Have a nice day, Mish�

29 Apr 2010     

andreaewa
Uruguay

The first one is more possitive!!

29 Apr 2010     

class centre
Belarus

The first one is very deep and educative! Some children think that succes is what they need. But they have to learn to be happy in many ways to achieve the success eventually. So, this  quote is not only wise but also builds a correct attitude to life.

29 Apr 2010     

Carla Horne
United States

Hi,

I vote for the first one.

As for wishes, I tell my students,"It is the wise man who knows that he knows nothing. Become a life-long learner and know that today is only the beginning."

29 Apr 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

I like the last one best.
Having the courage to be oneself, to continually invent or find oneself, to withstand trends, fashions, peer pressure,
knowing one �s aims and striving to reach them,
seeing one �s values and fighting for them --------->>>>>>>>>>>>>
                                   what more do you want to wish a young person ?

29 Apr 2010     

winky2
United Kingdom

Thanks a bunch :)
I �ve chosen the last one, although the first one is great, too.

30 Apr 2010