Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Run out of ideas... again    

Run out of ideas... again

Neda
Argentina

Run out of ideas... again

Hello my friends! I �m teaching do/does to young kids 7 or 8 years old. Do you know any games for that subject?Thanks a lot!

5 May 2010      

martinasvabova
Czech Republic

I think battleship game is always a good way of practising questions. I�m sure you will find some here.

5 May 2010     

denfer
Czech Republic

You can ask your students what they usually do at the weekend and write it on the board. E.g. :  go to the swimming pool, visit my grandmother etc. - write let�s say 10 examples. Then one pupil chooses only one activity(whichever s/he wants)  but tells nobody which one. The others have to find the activity by using DO : Do you usually go to the swimming pool ? The pupil who guesses the right answer chooses  the next activity. It is usually fun :-)

5 May 2010     

amparoH
Spain

You can play �The Coffeepot �. It �s an oral game to practice questions and short answers. I can�t remember where or who taught me but it works. 
A student choose a verb (ie. wash my face) and the class has to guess it asking: "Do you coffeepot in the morning? When do you coffeepot? Do you coffeepot everyday? Do you coffeepot at home/at school? and so on, until the class using the information guess the word. It �s funny and students practice a lot.

I hope it helps you.

5 May 2010     

ezeca
Argentina

Dear Neda: Sorry to be writing late, but I �m quite new in the site and the forum too.
I have a lot of material to send to you, but I don �t know how to do it privately.
If anyone can help...

8 Jul 2010