Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > pronunciation of vowels...    

pronunciation of vowels...

lovemykids
Uruguay

pronunciation of vowels...

I need a piece of advice. My students have problems when pronouncing the vowels. Some of them don �t seem to know when to pronounce an I as I or i:. The same happens with the rest of the vowels. I have taught them the phonetic chart and they understood the sounds with the examples but when they read they don �t know if an a is an a or ei and so on... Any suggestion? Thanks a lot in advance!

5 May 2010      

tommy11
Thailand

Have a look at this link:

It is a PDF booklet about blend phonics. I �m sure it mentions something about vowel length that will be of interest.

5 May 2010     

tommy11
Thailand

In terms of pronunciation take a look at the following link:

5 May 2010     

serenity light
Kuwait

hope these links can be useful....I agree with you that teaching vowels can be difficult specially with young learners when they don �t know many words or enough vocabulary with various samples of pronouncing vowels....it is a problem that many have ..

tommy11,,thanks for the links

5 May 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Hi,

I have some phonetics resources in my printables that might be useful. I have not uploaded the vowel cards, but there will be some soon.

Regards

5 May 2010     

lovemykids
Uruguay

Thank you all for your help!Thumbs Up I really appreciate it

5 May 2010