Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Phillip Martin - I have to share this    

Phillip Martin - I have to share this

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Phillip Martin - I have to share this

Hi,
today happened something what has really pleased me. Lately I use the clipart of Phillip Martin (http://www.phillipmartin.info/clipart/homepage.htm), and I think it is great. So this morning I wrote him a Thank you e-mail, not really expecting a reply. Now, an hour later I got a message about a new e-mail. And I was shocked to find out it was from Phillip. Shocked
It said "It �s always nice when people appreciate the work. It �s even better when they take the time to write. Thanks."
If I believed he is a kind and a generous person, now I know he is also modest. Clap
Have a great weekend everybody, Michaela

8 May 2010      

mariaah
Spain

Hi:

I think you we should all thank him too. I �m going to send him my thanks right now.
Have a good weekend.

8 May 2010     

be67
Spain

Yes Michaela, I wrote to him  asking for permission to use his clipart and thanking him and he answered back very nicely. I agree with you he�s a great person and a great artist too!!!.

8 May 2010     

Rosa_Rose
Egypt

Actually, what gentle and modest people you both are !

I myself feel very happy when someone sends me a thank you comment on my modest and simple wss, that gives me a push to be more creative and make more helpful ws .

So, many many thanks to everyone who shares the others his/her own works and efforts,or who gives help to the members..
 and of course to Victor the owner of this site and the other lovey moderators.

Special thanks to you dear MJ_Misa for talking about Phillip site which was new for me.I �m going to thank Phillip  as well :)

8 May 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

Which Phillip? A contributor on this site?

8 May 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

No, Marion,
Phillip is not a contributor here. He is a very skilful artist who allows using his images for free when for educational purposes. You can see his work when you click on the link I have provided in my first thread.Wink

8 May 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

I know the site by Philip Martin. I �ve looked thru it before and also at his Mural projects and his reasoning for not charging for his art.
I just misunderstood your surprise in realizing the email came from Philip. Now I understand you were just surprisied that he himself, in person, wrote a reply. I thought you were surprised to find out it was a Philip you knew.........

8 May 2010