Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Economic crisis and used to    

Economic crisis and used to

Crossman
Spain

Economic crisis and used to

Hi everyone!

I�m preparing a unit dealing with the past simple, "used to" and verbs like loved+ing, liked+ing...in a context related to the economic crisis, just to avoid the typical theme of "past habits".

So I would need some ideas or sentences which fit with that. For example: It used to be easy to find a job, banks used to charge less money...or I liked going on holidays but now I can�t, or I enjoyed going shopping, but I don�t have money nowadays...

Thanks a lot!!

11 May 2010      

redcamarocruiser
United States

example: It used to be easy to find a job, banks used to charge less money...or I liked going on holidays but now I can�t, or I enjoyed going shopping, but I don�t have money nowadays...

Ice cream used to cost a nickel (five cents) a bar, but now it costs over a dollar.

There used to be drive-in movie theaters, but now they have closed.

Families liked going out to restaurants more oftem, but now many cannot afford it.

People used to go out more frequently to movies, butnow they check out DVDs or watch movies on tv.

Let �s all contribute a couple sentences to help out a colleague.

11 May 2010