Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning powerpoints > To teach a SONG ... Is it allowed to add mp3 music inside a PPT?    

To teach a SONG ... Is it allowed to add mp3 music inside a PPT?

Babs1966
France

To teach a SONG ... Is it allowed to add mp3 music inside a PPT?

Hello ;)

I want to make a powerpoint as a support to teach the song "Where is the love" by the Black Eyed Peas.
First, question is it legal to add an mp3 song inside a PPT?
Second, is it allowed on this website?
Third, If the answer is yes to the above questions ... what �s the best way to make this type of powerpoint for it to work on that website ?

Thanks in advence,

Babs

15 May 2010      

Babs1966
France

I don �t know If I �m gonna do this PPT as I saw many WS already about "Where is the love" but my questions can fit for any other songs so please, FEEL FREE to ANSWER Wink

15 May 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

powerpoint doesnt support mp3 files only .wav and as for allowing music i guess there is no problem since there are some ppt here with music, including mine.  and let me tell you something by experience, ppts here can�t be more than 500kb, a song alone can be greater than that  so be carefull with size because you wouldn�t want to waste your time doing a ppt  for this site and then not be able to upload it.

15 May 2010     

bensupra
Spain

Hello, I�ll tell you what I did a few months ago. I made a ppt based on  one of Queen�s songs. As I couldn�t upload the ppt with the son embeded I sent the music in a wav file to those members who downloaded the ppt and asked me for it in a private message.

Besides, the last slide included a link to the video which I subtitled with the lyrics and I uploaded to my youtube account, so everybody could have it.
I hope it �s useful for you.

15 May 2010     

Babs1966
France

Lizantiago, Bensupra,

Thanks a lot for your replies, it has been very helpful.

I �m gonna think all this and see for futur powerpoint lessons or WS ;)
Have a great sunday

Babs

16 May 2010