Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > what if there were no templates!!!    

what if there were no templates!!!

lockman
Morocco

I am happy that my point of view triggered so much talk .I ve also learned a lot from your replies and i will take some of your advice simply because they are right.But I think I need to clarify my point further to avoid any  misunderstanding .The whole matter is not about "points � as you made it clear ,neither is it about content and form ,it is simply about good evaluation criteria and objectivity.I ask both Zailda and liz to go over contribution in black and white and see how much appreciation they get.I am not asking you to change the course of time .We re living in a world full of graphics where a picture stops a war,elects a president and even makes public opinion.I am aware of that.But as teachers we have to evaluate the work in relation to its creativity.I prefer to download a good idea rather than a good picture because that is what we lack in our day to day work.This does not mean all ws with good presentation are void of ideas.There are a lot that combine both form and content and they merit all our applaud.But the thing is  we have to appreciate others� works even though it is in black and white in the same way.We are teachers from different locations and no one can deny that there is a big "digital devide" between us.In saying all this I am not underevaluating the use of templates ,graphics and so on but i want to stress the fact that as there are good quality colourful ws ,there are  likewise good quality black and white ones.I remember a saying by Samuel Goldwyn  Color television! Bah, I won�t believe it until I see it in black and white.

15 May 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

lockman i do agree that b/w ws get download less than color one but that doesnt have anything to do with good evaluation criteria or objectivity it has to do with what each one needs. so please, please, dont tell us that we dont know how to evaluate or that we are not objective because i find that kind of rude. i consider myself an excellent professional and teacher.
 i just took a closer look to tdays contributions, and i noticed that most of the b/w contribution are either test, songs or readings for upper level classes and as i said before apparently most teachers here teach children. i, for instance would never upload a test here or download one because i believe that test  should be made by the teacher, the one who knows the students, and the time it took to practice each skill. i dont know about other countries but here we are taught to make tests by following a formula that tells you how many items and skills you should include in a test according to the days you covered them.  look also for the b/w with readings, they are mostly for advance students. on the other hand look for the b/w with the most points today, they are address to children.  so again try to improve your ws, or if you need the points to download then try to make a few ws address to different levels.

15 May 2010     

silviamvdeo
Uruguay

Thanks for  your kind comment on my ws.I really appreciate it. I just want to share what has worked for me and hopefully will work for sb else. I have found great contributors and joining this site has helped me maximise my time (something that teachers all over the world appreciate!!). The important thing here is to share and learn from each other!!  

15 May 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Zailda and Liz... nothing else to add to your comments, I totally agree

Let �s download what we like and need and let the others decide what they find useful for them...

I give an example: Katian �as wss are full of graphics, colors, fonts, etc but full of content too! My Ss love her work and they keep on telling me I should take them more wss like Katiana �s, the pictures catch my Ss � attention a lot and I really appreciate that. Her wss make my work in the classroom easier.

Have a nice day

15 May 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

You are absolutely right !

16 May 2010     

Lindax
Ukraine

I agree to an extent: some WS do have a better lay out compared to the contents and if I take those to class it`s my fault for failing to check them beforehand.

However all my adult Ss prefer beautifully designed WS to the plain looking ones.

Particularly the elementary level ones. They have to talk like children and they react like children.

And I, being an adult, am also sharp-set for color and shape and animation,I guess� like the majority of us.

So learn to improve your WS and your Ss will only benefit from it.�

16 May 2010     

s.lefevre
Brazil

One of the interesting tings on this site are the colourful worksheets. You have hundreds of excellent sites which present tousands of grammar and vocabulary exercises without pictures or colourfulbackgrounds. Who preferes worksheets like those, can use those. Who prefers colourful worksheets goes to esl printables. There is something for everybody on the www.

16 May 2010     

ptienchiks
Ukraine

Dear lockman,

When I joined this site I had very poor knowledge of office, template and so on and so forth... But great contributions of the members made me become more creative and learn a lot of things. So, don �t get upset.... try to kearn how to improve your WSs

Have a nice dayHug

Natalia

16 May 2010     

kodora
Greece

I believe that everyone of us has specific criteria and needs according to which we prepare a worksheet or download one.I think our main goal is to share our work with other people, help and get help whenever is needed.Otherwise, why so many contributors keep creating wonderful worksheets? Just to get more points?
My personal approach to difficulties is to consider them to be challenges that will make me stronger and better.
Have a nice afternoon!
Dora

16 May 2010     

< Previous   1    2