Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > something weird going on...    

something weird going on...

MarionG
Netherlands

something weird going on...

I noticed something really strange and slightly worrisome..
I made myself a habit of writing a happy birthday note to every single one, every day. Today I have been really busy so only now I got down to do it. To my surprise I found a birthday wish, supposedly written by me (my picture next to it..) already posted for one of the birthdays. I definitely didn �t write it (it is not my text). Only after I looked at it a few times I noticed that it uses my �old � user name marion_g, not my current one MarionG. When I click the avatar (my own picture) it does lead to �my � page with my current username and intro message. This is really weird. Somebody pretends to be me, but didn �t use any of my points or downloads, just left someone a birthday wish ???????
What do you suggest I do?

15 May 2010      

anitarobi
Croatia

This is spooky, Marion! If it were Halloween now, I �d be getting goose bumps! Probably just a glitch in the system... but a really weird one. Perhaps you should send Victor a pm.

15 May 2010     

zailda
Brazil

It suggests me that you should change your old password or ask Victor to remove the old account. If this person is not you, he doesn �t have the right to use your name.

I would ask Victor to remove this "old" profile or you may have problems in the future. You know, we are not allowed to have more than one account. And it may be difficult to prove that you are not the other, or that the other is not you... I don �t know... Well, I think you understand...

Have a nice day.

Zailda

15 May 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

Dear Zailda, that is what is stange, when i click the avatar (my picture) with the old user name it leads to my account, with my new username so there is no second account, only mine.
I will send Victor a message. I thought to wait to see if something else happens but maybe I indeed should not wait for trouble..

15 May 2010     

zailda
Brazil

I suggest you change your avatar, maybe someone else is using your account, changing avatar, etc. Victor has the IP from where the account is used so he can tell you if someone is logging in. I would talk to him as soon as possible.

But send him a PM, he rarely answers his emails.

15 May 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

Strange.. I changed the picture and also the picture above the old username changed. It obviously is only my account but for some reason it shows my old username, and I didn �t write that specific post...

15 May 2010     

zailda
Brazil

As I don �t believe in supernatural, I assume someone else did. Change your password and contact Victor asap.

15 May 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

I did, thanks
(but I liked my old picture better...)Geek

15 May 2010     

victor
Spain

Hello,

Don �t worry, I think it is a person who changed her birth date. the message that you see with your old username is a message that you wrote on 15 April. Now the message appears again because she changed her birth date in her account.

16 May 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

Thanks Victor, you �re the best!
I never even noticed it was a post from the 15th of April, I saw the 15th and just assumed it was the same day..
(Probably because it wouldn�t occur to me to want two birthdays in a year.. I�d rather have just one every two years.. LOL)
Just a thought, now it shows that all the birthday wishes stay in the system, doesn�t that take up a lot of space?
Maybe it is possible to delete them after a certain period in order to save space?

16 May 2010