Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Editing Worksheets..    

Editing Worksheets..

bill24
Thailand

Editing Worksheets..

Many,many great worksheets here..My problem is almost all of these pictures,fancy borders,will just not photocopy in black and white.I need to convert  everything to BOLD black on white.Is it possible?(with a single click?)Again some of the writing within boxes needs to be magnified,then it seems like i enlarge the box and something else needs to be edited,or i lose it from the doc altogether.All in all,maybe because of my lack of Word knowledge almost all of these worksheets are unusable.Am I missing something?Please help>>many thanks.. Mr Mazinkle

23 May 2010      

melahel7
Canada

Hi there,

First, if you do not wish to print in colour, go in your printer �s options (I believe it �s the fourth tab) and select � �print in greyscale � �.  This should do the trick.  I �ve never seen a printer that couldn �t perform that task.  Second, I assume your are refering to text boxes.  If it is, just go over the text and make the changes you need.  Also, be careful with grouped objects.  If that �s the case you need to ungroup them.  Right-click on the object and select ungroup.  This should solve your problem.  Last, perhaps you �re using an older version of word.  Sometimes, some printables � layouts and content can be out of place depending on the word version you �re using.  Hope this helps..

Cheers,

Melahel

23 May 2010     

dennismychina
China

I�m a bit of a hit and miss user when it comes to using MS Word so most of the time it is trial and error. However I have found that most of the editing can be done from one of three actions; 
Left click the Format tab at the top of the document. (a menu will appear) 
Right click the object (and a menu comes up). 
Add/remove toolbars by right clicking to toolbar area (anywhere at the top of the page) and selecting required toolbar. (The ones you are most likely to need are � Formatting, Drawing and Tables and Borders.
The nice thing is if you make a mistake or do something wrong you can always go back by clicking on the return arrow. And the saving grace is that if you make a complete hash of things, close the document without saving changes. I don�t often use worksheets but if I can�t format it in word (which happens) I cut and past the individual components into PowerPoint and redo the layout. I find it a lot easier to work with.
Enjoy.
PS. I still work with Word 2003.

23 May 2010