Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Zailda    

Zailda

blunderbuster
Germany

Hi all,

Please allow this sneaky daughter of slaughter to come in here ;o)

Do you remember that a few weeks ago Flora kept posting in Portuguese? Do you remeber how people kept telling her off, not always as nicely as one might expect? Flora is learning about this site and I believe she is also improving her English, as so many members are. (Flora, please forgive me for saying that).

I do not agree with how the matter is being handled either, but circumstances may not allow for things to be different. May I remind you that maybe we should expect people who are new here to adapt to our standards, bad or good? I did not post anything here for the first few months I was a member because the discussions seemed a bit "unusual" to me. So, Flora might just have tried to adapt to "unusual." Not defending her, just trying to understand.

Please give her a break. In her original posting I already tried to tell her that there are people who kind of agree with her and, as always, I tried to express things between the lines, things which may not have reached people, as seems to be the case with most of my dry-humored remarks.

You may or may not have heard of Sun Tsu who once said: "Every battle is won before it�s ever fought."

Anyway, happy Monday!

Regards

24 May 2010     

< Previous   1    2