Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > something funny to share    

something funny to share

MarionG
Netherlands

something funny to share

I �d like to share a laugh (or a tear..) with you all.
In our school, students need to evaluate their own performance as students twice a year. Once in the middle and now at the end of the year. I was looking through my papers and came accross a nice remark from a student...
The last item on the �half year evaluation � was
 "What can I do to improve my English?"
One of my students answered;
"NAFIN"

eloquent, no?

25 May 2010      

Joeyb1
South Africa

LOL

Marion, you definitely still have some work to do with that student. 
Let �s look on the positive side.... at least he/she is confident...

Thanks for sharing this with us.
Love
Joey

25 May 2010     

caroay
Spain

I have to admit that it made me laugh!LOL
He/she is either confident.. or he/she is a lot cause! "NAFIN" can be done to help him/her improve his/her English!!!!
You put a smile on my face on a difficult day!
Love,
Carolina

25 May 2010     

banska bystrica
Slovakia

LOL Yeah, it makes me laugh... I am just wondering, if that student has a great sense of humour, or just poor self-reflection, I hope the first is correct Wink

zuzana

25 May 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

I am pretty sure she wasn �t trying to be funny. She was very serious! the very confident kind for sure!

25 May 2010     

banska bystrica
Slovakia

So, if her poor self-reflection is the case (problemConfused), I �m wondering how you �ve reacted... (or are going to react), what have you told her (or how are you going to respond?)? Last year I had a similar student, but what made the situation much worse was his even more confident father!! And that was pretty tough! (I do not want to generalize, but this kind of confidence has to  have a deep basis in her family, I suppose)...

25 May 2010