Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > I don ´t get it    

I don ´t get it

magneto
Greece

I don ´t get it

Hello everyone!
I was just wondering...Is there a new trend forming on the forum? I �ve noticed there are members who ask for downloads, because they need a few points "urgently", etc., etc....Out of curiosity, I �ve checked some of those members � usernames and guess what I �ve found out: They do have enough points to download the stuff they need (over 50 points are enough, I believe...)...So, I can �t help but wonder: Will it "cost" them that much to use some of those points? Why do they ask for more?
We all upload what we have, we do our best and if it "sells", it sells. If it doesn �t, we try again. What �s with the whole "asking-for-bonus-points" business?
I �m sorry if I sound mean, but it is rather annoying.
Have a great day!

27 May 2010      

victor
Spain

Hi,

I guess they have already used their points and now they need some worksheets urgently.
I �d like to help, but they have to understand that if we help them, the forum could be full of similar messages tomorrow. For that reason there is a rule in this website: "Don �t use the forum to advertise your worksheets or other users � worksheets"

27 May 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Hi, magneto!

I totally, totally agree with you, however, some users might not have been very careful with spending their points which means that they haven �t got any left. You can spend 100 points quite easily and quickly when you get carried away... ESLP is like a huge shopping centre which provides lots of flashy offers and wonderful wss, so I think it �s like going on a shopping tour!! ;))))

I agree with you though that people should just create new wss and upload them in order to get more points. I also hate reading these begging posts, but sometimes I go to the person �s profile and download some of their stuff anyway even if I don �t need their wss at all. However, I have enough points to spend and that �s one of the reasons why I don �t mind donating a couple of them to others... Moreover, I think we �re all human and everybody makes mistakes!

Still, these members should think before they beg for downloads!! It �s very important to upload new wss LONG BEFORE you run out of points.

Best wishes - Silke

27 May 2010     

stexstme
France

@magneto,
I agree with the 2 posts above ...+ Keep in mind the points shown are only the number of downloads his/her ws got ; We cannot see the number of ws each one has downloaded from others.
For ex, someone with 300 points may have downloaded �old ws �, he/she �ll be able to download everyday �s contributions, but not the other ws.
I have a bit more than 5000 points, you can see that. But you cannot know the number of downloads I made ( in my case 32...) Some people spend ALL their points, then, ...ask on the Forum... :o)))
Sylvie

27 May 2010     

Babs1966
France

Hello ;)
I agree with all you have written and understand ;)
but I didn �t mind helping Embarrassed
I �m always suprised to see how we get points so quickly ... for the moment I don �t have many students, I have plenty of time to create WS and I �m not much in need of having new WS ... hope this will change soon as I �m a private teacher !!!

Good day to all,

Babs

27 May 2010     

stexstme
France

Babs,
Take the CAPES & come & help us!!!!!!Dead
Big smileSylvie ( Wink )

27 May 2010     

Babs1966
France

Hello Sylvie ;)