Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > saying thank you    

saying thank you

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi people

First:
Thank you Elodie - for bringing this point ,  ... ever and ever again - this is a point related to different kinds of education - we are all different, some are used to post / say, thank you, for nothing and everything. I, myself, consider it as an obligation.Someone helps me, I say A" Huge Thank you "

Second:
Thank you Elodie - for bringing two of my dearest friends to this discussion - Hi, Both of you, Froggy and Lady, you are most welcome. As I have already said, this forum needs some lively discussion and, you, both, are masters. This forum needs you, and we need you because

Third:

WE SHALL NEVER CROSS OUR ARMS - the most we are down, the most we raise.

It �s not fair to walk in, take someone �s work and leave away. Whenever we go someone �s house, before we leave we say" Goodbye" - Here, MHO ( Hi Lady ), we should leave a word, the least a " Thank you ".

My Lady, don �t let me down, you are much more than what you are pretending to be. Come back, Ladybird.

Frogy, step ahead, this site needs you.

Tons and tons of HUGE KISSES

and, BTW,
SMILE _ IT �S FRIDAY
(at least here, in this pretty small village ) _ LOL
Kisses
Linda

29 May 2010     

almaz
United Kingdom

Linda,

WE SHALL NEVER CROSS OUR ARMS - the most we are down, the most we raise.

1) What does this mean?

2) What is the relevance to the development of this thread?

Yours, with bated breath...

A

29 May 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi dear Almaz

This thread has brought to the stage three people who know each other and have some private pms exchanged for many reasons.
When I answer someone, here, in the forum, it �s not fair that I write a super, long snake of explanations about what the background is.
I answered to the friend who opened the thread and, on the way, I wrote a comment to two of our friends , here. My message was, mainly to them and it would be boring to start explaning here what I said, why I said, what I was referring to, bla, bla, bla.
I �m sure they understood.

Many times I don �t understand what people are talking about, in the forum. And I never knock on the door to ask " What is this about ?"

Different ways ways of watching life around

See you
Linda

29 May 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Dear Linda,

I know what you �re on about, however, life has taught me that sometimes it is better to pull myself together and NOT to write everything I would love to write and what I would definitely have written one year ago. However, I have learnt that it is better to react in a more diplomatic way in order to avoid clashes and huge discussions on the forum. I have suffered so many personal attacks from some people that I prefer to be sweeter than I used to be. That doesn �t mean that I �m dishonest - I still state my personal opinion, BUT I try to do it in a "stress-avoiding" manner...

Big hugs and lots of kisses from me to you, my dear friend - Silke

29 May 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hug

29 May 2010     

lshorton99
China

Hey almaz

What about �dame � or �ponme �! I found it so disconcerting at first! I would be saying �Can I have a... please � and the person next to me is saying �Give me a...! �. I �ve been here six years and I still wince inside everytime I say it! All part of the fun of adapting to a different culture I guess!

Lindsey

29 May 2010     

Akanah
Spain

Lindsey, almaz,

everybody says so! LOL I don �t know where you guys live, but here in the south we feel close to every single person! I guess it �s because of the weather, we �re always outdoors :=) It all depends on the way you say things.

BTW, we should really stop talking about this people-don �t-say- thanks thing. When you download a WS it means you liked it! 

Regards from sunny and very hot M�laga :=)
 Olga

29 May 2010     

maria da rosa
Brazil

Hi people,

I agree with Lindsay.People are different and we should respect.It doesn �t mean that they are not grateful of course they are! It �s not necessary to write this feeling.If you print a workseet and use it with your students, in my opinion it �s gratefulness!They recognize your job as excellent!
Don �t be upset about this and do always your best!

cheers!

29 May 2010     

dolphins_love
Argentina

Dear all,
                I �d like to share a poem with all of you, a poem to be used in context( I follow the topic-based approach) LOL. There is a line that says:"Words don �t seem sufficient." Don �t you agree??
Another line springs to mind, it �s part of a song:
"Words are very unnecessary,they can only do harm."
All in all, why worrying about what people say or don �t say? Let them be!!
However, a Thank you word is always welcome, that, I agree with all of you!!!
I �m new here, just a dew months!
kary from ArgentinaThumbs Up

It Doesn�t Seem Enough

I want to tell you "Thank you,"
But it doesn�t seem enough.
Words don�t seem sufficient--
"Blah, blah" and all that stuff.

Please know I have deep feelings
About your generous act.
I really appreciate you;
You�re special, and that�s a fact!

By Joanna Fuchs

29 May 2010     

Lindax
Ukraine

I just want to ask all the users:

Please, do leave your username in the properties of the file,

so that after a successful use people could �comment on it.�

And than you all for sharing and caring.

29 May 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >