Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Wait for tomorrow / Wait until tomorrow - What īs the difference?    

Wait for tomorrow / Wait until tomorrow - What īs the difference?

Akanah
Spain

Wait for tomorrow / Wait until tomorrow - What īs the difference?

Hi! Hope you  can help me with this. I īve just commented on an ws and wrote: "...counldn īt wait for tomorrow...". I did it without thinking and now I wonder, what īs the difference between "wait for tomorrow" and "wait until tomorrow"? No difference is mentioned in wordreference.com... Don īt they express the same idea?
Thanks, 
Olga

30 May 2010      

juliag
Japan

Hi Olga
Well, in my mind at least "wait for tomorrow" is used in the way that you have used it to express anticipation of something pleasurable, whereas can īt wait until tomorrow sounds like tomorrow is not good enough, that you need whatever it is sooner. For example, a boss might tell his secretary that he can īt wait until tomorrow for the report and so on.
Hope it helps
Bye
Julia

30 May 2010     

Akanah
Spain

That was fast! Thanks Julia :=) Have a great week.
Olga

30 May 2010