Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > THE WEATHER    

THE WEATHER

WestHampstead
Spain

THE WEATHER

Any ideas on how to teach the weather to secondary students?THANKS
I WANT TO THANK ALL AND VICTOR FOR THIS WONDERFUL WEBSITE THAT CHANGED MY LESSONS AND THEREFORE IMPROVED MY LIFE!
I �ve found many resources and ideas this course! Thanks God I found it!!!!!

30 May 2010      

banska bystrica
Slovakia

Hello,

I like to use postcards from different places for this purpose. If you don �t have a collection of postcards, you could cut out some pictures from magazines and teach your students predicting weather forecasts or weather adjectives discussing the weather conditions of various places. You can always start the discussion by asking personal questions like, "What is the hottest country you �ve been to?" or "What is your favourite kind of weather?" "How would you describe typical weather (seasons) in our country ?" and so on....this could be a nice brainstorming activity during which you could write on the black/white board the necessary words....... I also like to use weather flashcards.

I hope it helps at least a little.
Zuzana.

30 May 2010     

WestHampstead
Spain

thanks

30 May 2010