Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Healthy songs for learning !    

Healthy songs for learning !

Rosa_Rose
Egypt

Healthy songs for learning !

Hi AAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL

thanks my colleague who sent some names of songs to teach certain grammatical rules..that is really effective and memorable for the students.

I also love to listen to songs for my own language to get improved and to gain some new expressions or voc...etc.

I sometimes  teach songs to my students to gain new voc with right pronounciation !

But can anyone from USA or Britain tell me what does Tina Turner or Celine dion mean by "My Oh My" in the song:Rivers deep..Mountains High?

its lyrics is on:    

I really loved them all.

Thanks in advance

1 Jun 2010      

millmo
France

"my oh my" is usually used as a term of exasperation, like "oh dear!". HOWEVER, in the case of the song, I think it used just because it rhymes with the next line of "mountains high" and has no particular significance.

1 Jun 2010     

Jayho
Australia

It can also be used to express surprise - my oh my what a lovely birthday cake and disappointment - my oh my what a mess you have made

I watched those wonderful videos.  My oh my that Tina can sure belt out a tune.

Cheers - Jayho

1 Jun 2010     

Babs1966
France

"My oh my" could be a shortcut for saying :"Oh my god!"

1 Jun 2010     

libertybelle
United States

I think my oh my is a milder form of surprise than oh my god.

It is another way of saying goodness gracious
or what a surprise.

1 Jun 2010