Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Question    

Question

magneto
Greece

Question

Hi, everyone!
Just a quick question: How can you ensure that your electronic signature on wss is not modified by possible plagiarists? And how do you make wss non-editable?
I �m just asking because of all the reports on stolen contributions. Is there any way we can protect our copyright, in case someone decides to post our material as theirs on other web pages?...Of course, I don �t believe my wss are as intriguing to "thieves" as, say, Vanda �s (...not even remotely!), but who knows...there might always be someone less eclecticEmbarrassed

1 Jun 2010      

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Hi, magneto!

The only possibility I know is to scan your ws, save it as an image (e. g. in .jpg format) and to insert this picture into a word document.

The problem is that your ws won �t be editable any more... :((

Can �t think of another safe way to ensure copyright protection though!

Best wishes - Silke

1 Jun 2010     

Babs1966
France

Hello ;)

What would be nice would be to be able to upload PDF format ESLprintables but it �s not for now I think !!!
In the meantime we just have to trust eachother for not using ones material elswhere without our permission.
As the work we post here is copyrighted ;)

Good day

Best thoughts to you,

Babs

1 Jun 2010     

Aurore
France

What a shame to make the wss non-editable. They always need to be slightly adapted to accomodate our classes � needs (and of course to correct the odd spelling mistake) I always state that ALL my documents are editable and I �ve been thanked for it. The majority of us are honest so lets forget the rest and  just have fun. That �s what it �s all about. Isn �t it?

1 Jun 2010     

loic
France

You �re absolutely right.Each class is different so we  can adapt the worksheets.I absolutely don �t mind that other people use my worksheets and change them.This is the positive aspect of this fabulous site and I hope it will stay just like it is.

1 Jun 2010     

magneto
Greece

I know that. I generally prefer making my worksheets editable, for myself also...But you hear so much about stolen contributions these days, it �s confusing. Of course, it �s nice to know that we share our work here and that other teachers may edit it in a way that makes them more useful to their classes. And I don �t mind either that other teachers may use my wss and change them for their class... I wouldn �t be a member here if I did. I also generally trust the members of this site, as we all share our work, and I know that our work here is copyrighted.
I just don �t like the idea of there being some people (who are obviously  members here, since they steal material from here) who exploit the whole idea of sharing to gain a "better status", so to speak, as English teachers on the web or for whatever other personal gain. And, when our work gets outside ESLP and gets published in other sites without our permission, there �s no way for us to know, unless another member accidentally "bumps into" it...And that idea is rather annoying.
It �s one thing to know that your work is useful to other teachers in their classes (and that �s a great thing!) and it �s a different thing to know that your work may be stolen. After all, why should others take credit for our efforts? We share our work, but it �s still our creation, right?
...That �s all. I hope I don �t sound selfish or mean. We just need to find a way to be able to share our work, while also protecting our copyright.
Thank you all for answering...Off to bed nowSleepy

1 Jun 2010