Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > As........as    

As........as

Urpi
Peru

As........as

Wink Please I need ideas on how to present the comparison of adjectives using as
I appreciate your help a lot.
Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

3 Jun 2010      

Giulietta66
Switzerland

you could take pictures ... of people of the same size

or create like an ID card and ask about the ages (the would be the same): he �s as old as him..

3 Jun 2010     

falafel
Tunisia

Hi Claudini. You can use real examples by involving your pupils . You can ask pupils about their ages or weight or height and make sentenses using the adjectives tall  / short / thin / fat  / old . You can also bring some objects that have the same shape and use the adjectives: big-small-beautiful-ugly...You can ask your pupils about the prices of books or pens ...to use the adjectives expensive and cheap...etc You can also use pictures or flashcards to introduce the new rule. Good luck

3 Jun 2010     

...Alena...
Russian Federation

Hello,

I let my pupils take two flash-cards with different animals then I tell them an adjective, so they are to think if the first animal is as (or not as) ....... as the second one. Any flash-cards will do.

Have fun.

3 Jun 2010