Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > CAN YOU HELP ME HOW TO TRANSLATE "ESPONTANEO"? THAT IS TO SAY: JIMMY JUMP    

CAN YOU HELP ME HOW TO TRANSLATE "ESPONTANEO"? THAT IS TO SAY: JIMMY JUMP

joebcn
Andorra

CAN YOU HELP ME HOW TO TRANSLATE "ESPONTANEO"? THAT IS TO SAY: JIMMY JUMP

I �d like to create a worksheet on last Eurovision song contest incident with a spectator jumping on stage during the Spanish performance, famous Jimmy Jump.

In Spanish there is a word for this kind of people who interrupt an event with the only purpose to be notorious. It comes from the bullfighting world (ESPONT�NEO) and is similar to the adjective (spontaneous) because of their sudden and spontaneous action.
Does anybody know if there is a word in English to refer to these "crazy" spectators?Dead
Thanks a lot in advance!!

Joe

5 Jun 2010      

haydav
United Kingdom

There are many words an Englishman would use! Alas, I fear there are too many tender ears amongst my colleauges here! Jerk, Nutcase and Idiot would be used in (semi?) polite company! For the x rated version please drop me a line!

5 Jun 2010     

libertybelle
United States

Probably a Show-off.

5 Jun 2010     

joebcn
Andorra

What about "streaker"?
 I �ve seen this word somewhere, but I �m not sure whether it refers to people who "show off" naked.Wacko

5 Jun 2010     

haydav
United Kingdom

A streaker would be naked or semi-naked.

5 Jun 2010     

joebcn
Andorra

Thanks a lot for your quick answers, Haydav and Libertybelle Thumbs Up

5 Jun 2010     

raquelgil
Spain

"Idiot" is the word to these kind of people

5 Jun 2010     

maikacaceres
Spain

I think he takes the name after the expression in English: (jump on stage)
II
sustantivo masculino spectator: salt� a la escena un espont�neo, "a spectator jumped on stage" (wordreference.com) 

5 Jun 2010     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Joe

There is no specific term for this action - the person simply jumps/jumped up on stage.  Naturally, we use our own derogatory definitions for that action, namely idiot, jerk etc for someone who has not been invited on to the stage.  Often however, a band will invite some of the patrons in the mosh pit to come up on stage and this is quite ok.  Hope this helps.

Cheers

Jayho

5 Jun 2010     

joebcn
Andorra

Thank you all for your help!!!

Clap

JOE

5 Jun 2010