Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Machu piku    

Machu piku

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Machu piku

Hi friends

Can you help me, please.

I �m just thinking about some days of holidays, I �d like to put my feet in that lost place of Machu.
What can you give me about it. Any kind of info will be welcome.
Thanks, in advance.
linda

13 Jun 2010      

joybeth
United States

It is an amazing trip!  Most people visit Cusco and the Sacred Valley in addition to seeing Machu Picchu - there are many tour groups that can help set something up for you.  We also took a bus (or there is a train) out to Puno by Lake Titicaca and visited the islands of Taquile and Uros - again highly recommended.  If you are adventurous, you can arrange to spend the night on one of the islands with one of the families - you have to plan ahead for that.  We took the train from the Sacred Valley and then a bus up to Machu Picchu.  We spent the night at a hotel in Aguas Calientes so we could have 2 days in Machu Picchu.  You need 2 days if you plan to hike to the top of Wayna Picchu - it is a difficult climb, but well worth it.  They only allow 400 people every day to do the climb, so you have to get in line early to either do the early morning hike or the early afternoon hike.  In the Sacred Valley we also had a hiking tour of the circular terraces of Moray and then hiked to the salt mines.  It was fabulous!  You need to start working on training your legs now to do all of the hiking and climbing.
We went last December and the weather was pretty good - some rain, but not on our big hiking days!  Take a poncho.

14 Jun 2010     

Urpi
Peru

Big smile Excellent idea check out this web http://www.machupicchu.org/and have a nice stay.

14 Jun 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi
Thank you both for your time and info.
Hugs
linda

14 Jun 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

oh, I �m jealous!
sounds amazing!