Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Letters (Messages/Notes) for Young Learners    

Letters (Messages/Notes) for Young Learners

atsanti85
Canada

Letters (Messages/Notes) for Young Learners

Hello everybody,

Just a question:  Does anybody know of a website where we can find samples of letters for young children (age 6 to 7)?  

It would be ideal if anyone knew of a printable resource that includes a whole story that is told through letters sent between the characters in the story.  It would be an engaging way to expose students to letter writing.

Thanks in advance!

Edit:  Please note that "letters" here means messages and notes to friends, etc.  I´ve also changed the subject of my post to reflect this.

22 Jun 2010      

Victoria-Ladybug
Israel

check this link-

22 Jun 2010     

atsanti85
Canada

Thank you for the help Victoria.  I knew I should have made my post clearer.
I meant letters as in messages that we send to friends/each other.

Dear John letters, for example.

Thanks for the assistance anyway!

22 Jun 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

The story �The letter � from the book �Frog and Toad are Friends � by Arnold Lobel might be nice. It tells about how Frog sends a letter to his friend Toad by snail mail (literally) and together they wait for it to arrive. It stesses how great it is to get a letter from a friend, very sweet.

22 Jun 2010     

atsanti85
Canada

Thanks MarionG!
There are lots of lesson plans connected to that too!
I �m going to try to find a copy at the library. 

Please continue to post more ideas/suggestions, especially ones that may be printable. 
I welcome them!

22 Jun 2010     

Cartuxa
Portugal

Hi! Have you already tried writinga_z.com ? There are lots of free samples and as far as I remember there are several letters for different  levels included . I think that this is a fantastic site to get kids writing... Hope it �s useful! A big hug from hot PortugalHug

23 Jun 2010