Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > short story in 20min?    

short story in 20min?

mish.cz
Czech Republic

short story in 20min?

Hello, my dear ESL-friends,

the advice I �d like to ask you for today has nothing in common with English but it has with teaching. We are having a project day tomorrow and according to the instruction given by a colleague of mine I should do the following activity with our pupils (aged 11-15): write a short story about a drop of water. The topic and task seems to be ok, but I am supposed to manage it in just 20 minutes!!!! How the hell shall I do it? Is there anybody here knowing the way out? Could you, pleease tell me?�

Thank you so much in advance, Mish

24 Jun 2010      

RabbitWho
Czech Republic

You could brainstorm on the board, decide what the 3 phases of the story are, then split the students into 3 groups and get them to each write their phase. In the last 5 minutes the whole class can read their parts of the story out loud and work on linking the 3 parts together.

(Eg. The childhood, teenage years, and present state of the drop of water (maybe he was lonely in his teenage years falling from the tap to the sink but now he has lots of friends)

24 Jun 2010     

mish.cz
Czech Republic

sounds pretty good:-) thank you�Clap

24 Jun 2010     

mish.cz
Czech Republic

especially for the idea with the sink and friends. that is really nice, thanks, Rebecca. have a nice day, Mish

24 Jun 2010