Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Urgent!    

Urgent!

carinita
Argentina

Urgent!

How would you translate "animal charity" into spanish?? I �ve chosen the topic of animals because I like it, besides it �s in the annual program and I bumped into "animal charity" while making an activity Confused

24 Jun 2010      

Cinci
Colombia

Hi Carinita a possible translation is "Caridad animal", but I would like to know more about your project to see if the translation is appropiate. What do you want to show to your students about animals? I hope it helps you. Cinci.

24 Jun 2010     

carinita
Argentina

The text I plan to use is this:
Japanese zoos in trouble
Japanese zoos are in trouble. Bears in Japanese zoos are badly looked after. Lots of bears aren �t given enough food. The bears live in very small areas.
Animal charities are negociating with the Japanese Government. The Government promises to make the zoos better.

I have the feeling that "caridad animal" is not the equivalent May it "sociedades protectoras de animales" be the equivalent?

24 Jun 2010     

Stepha
Portugal

I would say "asociaciones protectoras de animales". But "sociedades" seems quite right. Hope I helped 

24 Jun 2010     

coyote.chus
Spain

We say "Sociedad protectora de animales" in Spanish.

24 Jun 2010     

Akanah
Spain

Agree with Chus.

25 Jun 2010     

carinita
Argentina

So do I Thanks guys!

25 Jun 2010     

jealex
Argentina

YEP, SOCIEDAD PROTECTORA DE ANIMALES,,, IS THE CORRECT TRANSLATION INTO SPANISH!!

CHERRIO

25 Jun 2010