Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Activities needed    

Activities needed

grimsim
France

Activities needed

Hi everyone,
Would you please suggest some activities I can do on the day of the school annual party?Bearing in mind that there is no time left for rehearsals in case you  would suggest roleplays, plays or anything of the sort.
I need something funny,educational and competetive at the same time.
I know I can count on you dear colleagues.
thanks

29 Jun 2010      

anitarobi
Croatia

Why don �t you hold English Olympics? Choose 4-5 word games with the vocabulary and grammar you wish to show and prepare attractive posters, flashcards or ppts for them. Make small cardboard signs for each team and have sts pull them out on luck - e. g. sun and moon or blue and red, so you can have them in 2 teams. Then play the games, keeping the score visible on a poster or the board. Prepare some prizes for the sts if you can - certificates, candy, cds, etc... You can have sb video or at least photograph the whole thing, and even invite other groups or parents to cheer for their kids (depending on their age)... It �s fantastic. It �s even better if you include parents or other teachers as players too...

29 Jun 2010     

AnnyJ
Taiwan

We had 6 different stations, at each station the students do an activity.......Play a game or older students completed an easy word search, crossword or grammar questions. After completing the task they get a sticker. They have to collect 6 puzzle stickers, the last station, they have to put them together. The first 3 get bigger prizes than the rest, but everybody gets something if they have completed the sticker puzzle.  Hope this helps

30 Jun 2010