Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > ARGENTINA: A GREAT AND WARM RECEPTION!    

ARGENTINA: A GREAT AND WARM RECEPTION!

dalemagia03
Argentina

Beautiful pic!!!!! I love my country and I`m proud of our team!!!

5 Jul 2010     

Anna P
Brazil

I understand Flora �s attitude because it is really disagreeable to receive a nasty Pm. Argentina and Brazil had different feelings about their teams for innumerable reasons.  While Maradona is a charismatic person, our coach has never been truly accepted by most Brazilians, being always rude and arrogant.  With him as our coach, our football lost its beauty and cheerfulness � and this is not something we are saying now that we have lost.  Our coach did not choose our best players (Ganso, Neymar and even Ronaldinho Gaucho), the ones the whole country wanted to see wearing our yellow shirt.  He is responsible for our defeat and the country could not receive him with the cheers Maradona and his team truly deserved.

Now, let �s cheer for Uruguay, our South American representative.

5 Jul 2010     

Flora1
Brazil

you are right Ana and I THINK that is impossible to talk about football . People are right when say to not talk about somethings here because it becomes a big deal!!! I don�t have nothing against Argentina I just said that I was happy about Germany and That i didn�t want to see Maradona naked, another brazilian was kidding too and we prefered to see David BACKHAM buy in anytime I said insults to Argertinian like this girl came and did in private msg to me and about our team and coach, and she called me of envious and this why she posted this big pic there. So I DECIDED i�LL NOT TALK ABOUT SOCCER BECAUSE FANATIC PEOPLE ARE AROUND AND HAVE TO DEFEND MYSELF AND I AM PROUD OF COUNTRY TOO.

5 Jul 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Why not using the cafe, I ask....

I �m not proud of saying this but, ...the heck I care about the warm reception Maradona and the players got... I mean, I really don �t want to be rude, but it seems that sometimes when members do not understand that this is an ESL teachers � community and if they want to boast their pride about something like a soccer team who lost and came home, they gotta see the trouble coming. I think it �s more than beautiful, but so was my weekend and I �m sure that many others had great weekends, but the forum is not a "Dear diary" moment.

We were discussing this last Friday, and it turned ugly, just as now. It �s not that people can �t talk about soccer, but there are places for this, like your family �s Sunday lunch, or a Soccer chat, Facebook or something. Definitely not an ESL website, IMHO.

AND, most importantly, we DO have the cafe, where I guess this would be more than welcomed and appropriate, since the purpose of the cafe is sharing nice things about ourselves/our countries/lives/kids or whatever not ESL related, such as, SOCCER..... OR..... Did I get it wrong?!?

I was going to say that in Brazil, in soccer it �s like this, when we win, it was because we have the best players in the world; when we lose, it �s the coach �s fault. Great thinking for English teaching too... if students learn, their merit; if they don �t, teacher �s bad. But I �m not going to say that because it �s not suitable for this forum. Evil Smile

Well... let �s see how this will turn out, shall we?

5 Jul 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Thanks for sharing the picture, glad to see that in other countries people receive with proud their teams even if they lose.

That attitude is not the same here in Mexico, we turned our back to our team

I love these posts in the forum

5 Jul 2010     

libertybelle
United States

I think every country that participated in the Soccer Championship were proud of their country.  So why don �t we leave it at that?

On the other hand, many of the countries that spend millions on their soccer team - spend less on their children �s education which I find very sad.

Some of the posts here on the message board regarding lack of school funding, indifference, no photocopying (and in some countries the teachers have to pay for student �s copies out of their own pocket) indifferent politicians, students lacking motivation, teachers being yelled at by frustrated parents and so on were enough to make anyone cry.

Even rich countries don �t seem to understand that the fate of their future lies in the hands of the children of today. How these children are going to grow up and be responsible and caring citizens is beyond my comprehension. It doesn �t take a genius to see that a good education is the key to a country �s success. Education is the key out of poverty for one thing.

I truly wish there was a forum on the internet where teachers could give advice to the people in power on how important education is.

I would have said sorry to straying off the topic - but how many nations spend their money and what makes them proud seems to me absurd.

L

5 Jul 2010     

pascy
France

Your team deserves it, they should have won.

5 Jul 2010     

estefy_busso
Argentina

Sorry if I annoyed you people, specially you Flora, but I didn �t say that I want you to cheer my team. You were free here to post telling "here we are happy because Germany won", it seemed that you were making fun of us, because many people could have said the same and didn �t, what �s more, they didn �t say anything. I was angry, I accept I react wrongly, but I hope you can accept that your post "cheers... " wasn �t so good. It doesn �t matter.

I don �t care if you posted my pm, I �ve faced a lot of bad and unlucky situations in my life that you don �t imagine, this is sth not important for me, but your attitude sometimes was rude. You can call "little girl", but I was brave enough to face a lot of bad things in my life, and I �m here!

Sorry to the other people! You �re right when you say that in many countries we should spend our time and energy thinking about how to improve things, like education, health, etc. Football is not important, we should take it as sth fun, but well... Not everybody understands it! Good luck to everyone!

Thanks for the comments about Argentina!!!

5 Jul 2010     

Flora1
Brazil

Ok, Estefy. It�s time to stop it� but please don�t send private msg like that if you want to say something say here as you did to defend yourself. People are right there are a lot of other problems to think about, but that dayI was really cheering for Germany and i don�t need to explain my reasons, because you know very well, but let�s think about education.

Thanks, brazilian people that in a very polited way expressed that we don�t have fault about our coach, and life�s goes on. Brazil !!!!!!!

6 Jul 2010     

Flora1
Brazil

I said you were child because you said strong things to me and I am not saint, so i replied, but now, is time of me and you have a good behavour stopping and forgetting about soccer, because when it involves Argentina and Brazil is complicated, you know that and sometimes is difficult to contain, maybe people don�t know about how strong it is for us. It�s so strong that happened it, so I�ll not post anything bad about you but somethings I can say without make people stay angry. If you felt angry because i said that didn�t want to see Maradona naked, you have your reasons as I have mine, but let�s be in peace at least here.

6 Jul 2010     

< Previous   1    2