Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > the name 4 an English School    

the name 4 an English School

Begogzp
Mexico

Hello....Hello!!!
    Maybe English today.....What do you think?
Bego�a

6 Jul 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi
I vote for Lindsey - wow, my God, that�s what I call INSPIRATION - take care, Lindsey, I think you can have a place within marketing - ( LOL , funny answers, and , who knows, a future name may be here ; that �s called brainstorming and usually gives good solutions )

Now, I myself, am a little more conservative  ( only in these situations , not that I am labour, because I hate politicians ).  I would prefer a more common name, something that wouldn �t be out of fashion in a year or two. This stated, something like - British school, English Institute, UK school, London something ( please, change the something ).

Well, just to get my share when the school shows up with wonderful results,don �t forget about me...........Thumbs Up

All the best, good luck, hope everything will run on the wheels.
Linda

6 Jul 2010     

Larisa.
Russian Federation

This is my humble opinion. Here where I live  there are several English schools and Language Centers which use very easy-to-read or commonly known-English words as their names,

that is because Russian letters are quite different from English and the second reason is English became popular here not very long ago and elder generation (parents of our students) usually can �t read well in English, most of them studied German at school.

So here are the name: YES!
                                     Welcome!
                                     Brilliant!
                                     Linqua!

Good luck to you!
Larisa

6 Jul 2010     

Yams
Argentina

I agree with Linda, you should choose a more traditional name, and be careful with gender, I worked at an institute called Butterfly, so imagine boys saying to their boy friends that they go to Butterfly Institute (it sounds gay.... LOL) and I have to tell you that the institute closed after a year...

some institutes I know are: Bright, English School, The House, Saint Antony, and Skills

good luck!!!

6 Jul 2010     

pauguzman
Argentina

These are some  names of institutes from my place
English Training Centre
English Corner
English School
Global English
World Link
North Start
Liverpool School
American School
British School

Tell us which name was chosen!!! =)

6 Jul 2010     

viccxx
Greece

In Greece most schools have the names of their owners, and let me tell you some of these names have become instantly recognised brand names and franchises. So i would go with the name and add an "english school" or "language school" if you are planning to add more languages later.

6 Jul 2010     

joy2bill
Australia

With the number of English schools closing with the recession, I would think there would be a number of names up for grabs.
Good luck and good on you for starting up in this climate. I �m sure you will do well.
Wink
Cheers Joy

6 Jul 2010     

shoegirl
Poland

WOW :D You are great - I �ll copy your answers and give them to my friend :)
I �m from Kobylka near Warsaw ;) And my friend is from Marki - it is also near Warsaw.
This site is the best and teachers who are logged in it are WONDERFUL! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

6 Jul 2010     

shoegirl
Poland

My mum said that RESPECT will be the best XD

6 Jul 2010     

< Previous   1    2